Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SUMMER IS HERE

Summer is officially here with the temperature in the high 90"s and the heat index in the triple digits.
I wanted to share a couple of pictures taken by our 5 year old grandson, Matt. He took the picture of grandpa and me while we were watching his brother show his horse, Charley in the lead in class.
We didn't even know that he had taken it until I had down loaded the pictures on the computer. It is always easier to see what he has taken that way.
It isn't a very good picture of me, but not bad of grandpa, I was worried a little bit about his grandpa that day being out in the heat. We were shaded some and he wouldn't wear his hat.
I told his mommy that if she needed help the next three weeks for her to call us.
She said that she was going to enjoy the quiet time after the boys go to bed. She will get to watch something that she likes being daddy is gone. Why do men like to change channels all of the time? My hubby does that. You can be watching something and he will change channels right in the middle of it.

This is Jake and Charley right before they went in the area in his halter class. I thought he looked mighty handsome in his new shirt and hat. Why they require long sleeve shirt on a hot afternoon I will never figure that out, but then there is a lot of things that I don't understand, but I guess I will learn.
I was surprised how well Matt handled my digital camera. All I showed him was which button to push when he saw what he wanted a picture of.
We are still in the upper 80's at 9 P.M. so isn't going to cool down that much tonight that is for sure.
Well I must close for now. Take care.



6 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shirley:
Nice photos to remember a day with your boys. I sympathize with you about the weather. It's been in the 90s here since May!
Hugs from FL.
xoxo
Donna

Needles Everywhere said...

Great photos. How wonderful to have them. I just checked out your Etsy -- your work is beautiful. I also enjoy hand embroidery but sure can't hold a candle to you.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Sweet Shirley!

It's horridly hot here too....we don't have central air in our home but only a couple of window units and they can barely keep up with the heat.

Your grandson did a wonderful job taking pictures!

Love,
LuLu♥

Nancy said...

Shirley, this is the most beautiful blog I've seen. Of course, purple is my favorite color and I love all the flowers, too. Keep cool, Nancy.

Anne Lorys said...

Hi Shirley!
Great photos, of ALL of you! :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley,
Oh I love your blog too! I know what you mean about the heat...just awful.
LOVE the photos:)

Hugs,
Lynn♥