Monday, July 25, 2011

July Almost Gone

I don't know where the month has gone, but it is sure moving fast. It seems as though it started yesterday. I just know that it is moving to quickly to suit me.
We cooled down a little today from a horrible hot weekend. On Saturday, it was 89 at 10:30 in the morning. We only did what was absolutely necessary and then stayed home in the air-condition the rest of the day.
Our kids got home from their trip. They had a good time, but hot just like here at home. They had a horse show in the evening, but they didn't think they were going because of the heat. We got a phone call telling us my son was going to ride. They reserved us a spot so we could sit in the car in the air-condition and watch. I had been trying to get him to do it and he wouldn't. It was wonderful to see him ride Cleo and place 2nd in his age group. It was a good night for the boys and dad. Matt thought he was king pin because he rode Cleo in the Walk Trot for 6 years and under. He got 1st in the group. It shows you how gentle she is with kids. Jake got 2nd on her in the same evening. I am so glad they found her. It was enjoyable and I got my wish.
I have got another project almost complete. I just have to finish putting the lace around the bottom and I will have a set of pillowcases to show you. I don't know what the next project is going to be. I just know I have to keep the hands and mind busy thinking about other things instead of the doctor appointments coming up.
I see little things that I don't know if there is a problem or not. I know that he says he has no energy at times and uses the wheelchair more when we are out. He might walk into a restaurant if it is not to far, but if we are going to Walmart, the grocery store, or other shopping it is back in the wheel chair.
My oldest son takes him with him part time to give me some time to myself.
We still have the flood waters . The only problem it causes us is when we want to go see some family. We can get there only using a different route. I just feel so sorry for the ones that their homes are under water. They don't have a clue as to when they will be able to get in to check anything. So terrible. Some one said that they thought we were being told something, by the flood, the tornados, and the heat this year. Worse trouble it doesn't seem to matter where you live.
Well I am off to do some reading before I call it a day. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Stay cool if possible.

8 comments:

Jillayne said...

Hi Shirley!
Sorry to hear about your heat and flooding - I didn't know the flooding was still happening, but hopefully it will end soon.
We are having no heat issues here at all - except a lack of it. Cold and rainy for weeks on end but we have just now had a whole 36 hours without a raindrop - yippee! Many of the orchards are having problems with fruit rotting and are using helicopters to try and dry out the trees - crazy!!

Anonymous said...

Sure was hoping all the flooding was gone by now...so sorry to hear that it is not. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sweet Shirley and hope that all goes well with the doctors appointments. Hugs

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm happy everyone had fun "horsing" around this weekend! But I don't blame you for staying in. It was slightly better this weekend but I hear it is going to get hot again by Wednesday.

I feel so bad about the flooding, but I'm glad you weren't affected.

Have fun with your new project!

XO,
Jane

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Shirley, Thanks for stopping by ~ our daughter & SIL are expecting a boy; his name will be Seth William. I've been busy getting things for the shower, and now I start working on cleaning up the house, then the day before the shower is "cooking day"; I have 2 salads to make and lots of cupcakes...that will be a really BUSY day, but I can enjoy it all at the party :) I'll be taking pictures of the Shower to post about for everyone to see :) I pray that it doesn't rain that day OR we have a Heat Wave!

Take care sweet friend!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Shirley, we have been saying the same thing! Where did July go?! Every month just seems to fly by. Wish time would slow down. The heat is terrible, isn't it? I wish I could enjoy summer more this year. Have a nice day! Twyla

Anonymous said...

We sure have had extreme weather here too but not to the degree of most so I will say we have been lucky so far!!
So sorry to hear of the flooding still being a problem. Me heart aches for those who have their home under water because there will be mothing left when they do get to go back!!
Hope all goes better for you soon!!
Marilyn

Cinderella Moments said...

I hope the doctor's visits go well. Being tired is not fun. Hoping the two of you can pull through this somehow. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
hugs,
Caroline

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I do agree...July is going by really fast. I didn't know it was still flooding...hoping it gets better soon. Happy that your son rode:)

Blessings,
Linda