Thursday, May 2, 2013

Snow in May

I was so in hopes the weather person was wrong, but it is snowing as I look out my window in the computer room. We have had such crazy temperatures this week and we are suppose to have the Apple Blossom Parade this Saturday. They haven't cancelled it nor the Barbecue Cook off that they are having in conjunction with it. 
I think they really should have postponed it, but there is teams coming in from out of town for the cook off competition. If you want to go eat, cost you $5.00. Sounds like a good price. 
If the wind would die down, it wouldn't feel so cold outside. I have already called hubby and told him that I wasn't coming up today. The temperature is to close to freezing and I don't really have a reason for being out in the rain, snow or the combination of the two. 
Have you had a good week so far? Have you been able to enjoy sunshine in your area? I have taken hubby outside to enjoy the fresh air each day I have gone to see him. We may not stay out to long, but he does get fresh air. Yesterday they were mowing. The fresh cut grass caused me some problems with my allergies. It is so irritating because I didn't have them until later in life. My hubby out grew his and I got them. I told him that wasn't fair. 
Have you been working on new projects? I just finished my custom order and will ship it this weekend. I always enjoy making special projects. I have to decide what I am going to start next. I think I will just try to finish some of my unfinished ones. I always have one or more of those laying around. I imagine you do to. 
If you have sunshine, will you send some of it back to us. I don't like the cold wet weather, it makes the bones hurt. It can be something else as we get older. Of course, we don't want to admit that we are. We want to be able to do everything as we have in the past, but of course that isn't happening. I hope you all are having a good week. 
Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your comments. Take care
 

10 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh my goodness...snow! I heard some areas were going to get it but I wasn't sure if it was true! Stay home, warm and safe. Our temps dropped fro 75 yesterday to 45 today. I woke up in the middle of the night after sweating to death and the house was freezing!

Hopefully you wont have to shovel if it's not sticking.

XO,
Jane

Quinn said...

We are at the other extreme here, today - high 70s. I'm glad I got some outdoor chores done before 10 AM, because I've been wilting ever since.
Hope your snow stays around just long enough to look pretty :)

Vickie said...

Oh dear, I am sorry Shirley. It is partly sunny and 60ยบ today. Was hot the last two days. I don't feel well today. Just reading and hanging out with the dogs! Oh, a dog's life,huh?! Take care.

OneOldGoat said...

You must be near Denver - that's where my son lives and he told me they had snow. Sending you some sunshine and warmth from central PA!

Beth

Susie said...

Shirley, We started off with a beautiful spring day...and right now it feels like summer. Too hot for me. I like the 60-70 range. I hate that there so much snow out there.It's shocking for may. Hope you get some nice weather soon. xoxo,Susie

Laurie said...

I'm sending sunshine and warmer temperatures your way! They will be there soon.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Shirley,
Thank you for your comment on my blog...I had a giggle!
I am going to try to be better about posting as I really do enjoy hearing from my friends and seeing what everyone is doing!

I hope that snow is all melted and your festival and cook off is going on as scheduled and will be warm enough to enjoy!

Winter left our part of Michigan just this past week and it is glorious here...the trees and bushes are greening up, the birds are singing and sound so happy, the tulips and daffodils are blooming and those enormous piles of snow in the parking lots are all gone. Life is good! Well, life is pretty good...I learned the first of April that I have macular degeneration in both eyes, but the bad kind, the wet in my left eye...treatment? A shot in my eye once a month and me being such a chicken. I tell myself I can do this as look at the people that were seriously and life altering hurt in Boston and I think of our brave servicemen and women...so I am not complaining!!!
♥ Jil

CatieAn said...

oh my not snow!! Mother nautre just doesn't want to play nice.
I hope it melts quick and warms up for you.

Rebecca Nelson said...

The weather has been crazy here in Oklahoma, too. I've pulled my plants and then taken them back out. Don't know what to expect from day to day. UGH!

I want to tell you how much you bless me my friend. You never fail to come by with a dose of encouragement and JOY and your kindness blesses me more than I can say. You are so lovely and I hope someday to meet you in person.

Let's all pray it warms up and we have a fabulously beautiful summer...with temps about 80. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Love to you~

Rebecca

Mom E. said...

Shirley,
thanks so much for your sweet comment son my blog, you have such a lovely heart, I am so glad you are proud of me! I always have felt like I could hve been a better Mother and my kids say I did great, but it is nice to hear from others that I have done some good things as a Mom. And I am missing my own Mom right now, so thanks for being proud of me, for her!
I looked in your Etsy store.....oh, your work is so sweet and lovely! I wrote you a note on there as well, so I won't duplicate it here. Hiope all is well with you an dyour Hubby and I hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day!
Heart hugs,
Betsy