Friday, August 16, 2013

Weekend Happenings

An update from my house to you all. The doctor appointments went well. I can no longer postpone my cataract surgery because new glasses won't help again. They are in the process of getting everything ready that they need for the surgery. My primary doctor was happy with me. My blood pressure was 136/72 after the drive which was good for me and he liked my weight. Everything checked out that was needed for my surgery.
I am going to start walking, but I think I will do it at the mall instead of the neighborhood being I will be walking probably most of the time by myself. I think I would feel safer. You never know who is in your neighborhood that has no business being there. We have some people having work done on their house that the workers don't look that good. I miss running the steps that I did when I was working.
The kids have already told me that they are taking my car so that I can't drive before I am suppose to after surgery. I will let you know exactly when. They will take good care of mom.
My youngest grandson played his first ball game in the fall league tonight. I had about forgot  if he hadn't asked if I was coming when I talked to him. It was fun to watch.They won.
 Sunday, The older two will be showing their horses. I have told my oldest that my birthday present from him would be for him to do the reining class. He doesn't really like that class, but we shall see if he will do it. I am hoping they have a good day. It isn't suppose to be hot.
They all start school on my birthday. The summer has gone by so fast. To be honest I think the whole year has flown. It seems like one month just starts and it is gone. 
 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Take care

9 comments:

sweet violets said...

So glad you are doing well and that you are getting ready for the surgery. My mom and sister had the same surgery and I took care of both of them and they came through with flying colors!!! It was really an easy recovery for them, and I know you can do this!! We'll be cheering for you......hugs...cleo

Quinn said...

Glad you can go ahead and get the procedure over with - hope the results are great!
I know what you mean about the months zipping away...

Kim said...

I'm glad your appointments all went well. It will be good to get that over with. I think walking at the mall is a great idea. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Great medical news, sweetie. The cataract surgery is really a breeze ... I had both eyes done within 7 days.

Big hugs for a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Vickie said...

Hi Shirley! I am barely making improvements. Doctor insists I come in Monday if I am not better.
I am so glad your health is going well.

Susie said...

Shirley, So glad your appointments went well and that you'll be having your surgery soon. You'll be hppywhen it's done. I'll hold you in my prayers and thoughts. xoxo,Susie

Cinderella Moments said...

I'm sure surgery will go well and that you will be thrilled with the results. I hope you have a terrific birthday planned! Happy Birthday in advance!!
hugs♥,
Caroline

20 North Ora said...

Sorry you have to have surgery, but everyone I know that has had it says they wished they would have had it sooner.
So,good luck!

I am your newest follower.

Judy

Wildflowerhouse said...

Sounds like you are on top of things with getting ready for the surgery. It is wonderful that your kids are going to take good care of you. I'm with you on mall walking. The bears are out and about around here so I am not getting much walking in these days ( and my running is out of the question.HA)