Friday, October 18, 2013

50 Years

50 Years Ago
50 years is a milestone that if you had told us we would reach I would have told you that it would take a miracle with the roller coaster ride the last few years have been with the ups and downs. We truly believe that god has been there every step of the way for us. To give us the magical steps to succeed, when we really didn't think it was possible. 
We have learned to appreciate every day we have been given because you definitely don't know what tomorrow will bring. Saturday is the day that we were married on a beautiful fall day frost that morning, but warmed up enough to be able to sit outside at the reception which was held at his parents house. 

We are the only ones in our group that are still married. My sister, who was my maid of honor's husband has passed away and my bridesmaid who married our groomsman got divorced, he has since passed away. Our best man lives on the west coast. We took our vows very seriously and are renewing them. They will just bless my rings because they have not came off my hand other then to have them cleaned or to check the mountings. They have a very sentimental meaning. 

We love traveling this time of the year because of the fall color. Alot can change in 50 years the hair becomes grayer, but I refuse to pay the money to change the color. 

I hope to have pictures to post after tomorrow which will really be a big day for us. The kids and grand kids are having a reception and we are renewing our vows afterwards during mass. 

Good news on my eye surgery, at the present time I have 20/20 vision. I will go back in three weeks to check the vision and be fitted with reading glasses. It is amazing what you can see that you didn't see before. It is a kid in the candy shop. I am sorry for a long post, but I just thought I would touch base. Thank you for all of your prayers, e-mails, and good wishes. Have a wonderful weekend.

13 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Congratulations on 50 years! I am so glad your eyes are doing good! Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Accroquilt said...

Congratulations! Have a nice weekend!

Terra said...

50 years, a great achievement, we are married only 41 years. Smile. I am glad to hear your eyesight is so good!

Kim said...

Lovely post Shirley. Happy Anniversary and I am so pleased your surgery went well.

Beth said...

Big Congratulations!! 50 years is awesome.

sweet violets said...

So glad your eyes are doing well, amazing what they can do!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow, love your wedding photo!!! hugs.....

Beedeebabee said...

Congratulations Shirley!!! What a sweet wedding pic! I'm so happy your eye surgery went well. Wishing you a great time at your party today! xoxo

Vickie said...

Happy Anniversary today!!!!!!!
The 50th on a Saturday too! Have a super time. May God continue to bless you both!

Acorn to Oak said...

Happy Anniversary!

And, congrats on your successful eye surgery! It must be so exciting to see everything so well now! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

MLM247 said...

I am very happy for you. Firstly it is wonderful that your cataract surgery was successful. Secondly it is marvellous to celebrate a golden wedding anniversary. Thirdly it is terrific that you have a loving family to share the celebrations. And fourthly because you know where the wedding party members are now, evidence of a strong circle of friends. Enjoy yourself.

Quinn said...

Congratulations to your and your husband! Fifty years certainly is a special milestone!
I am so happy to hear that the surgery went well and your vision has improved so much. Congratulations on that, as well!!
Your family sounds lovely...have a marvelous time at the festivities :)

Vicki Boster said...

Dearest Shirley- what a wonderful tribute to your life and love--- congrats on this beautiful milestone in your marriage-- you've so much to be proud of. Your wedding photo is gorgeous! I can't wait to see your anniversary celebration pictures.

I'm so happy your eye surgeries have gone well----- fingers crossed for me too:)

Love
Vicki

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

Congratulations on your 50th! I'm so glad you're renewing those vows you've taken so seriously!