Thursday, December 18, 2014

Are you Ready Yet??

The snow is coming down,and it looks like this outside this morning. I can't tell how much we have got, but they cancelled a lot of schools. Why can't people just slow down when the weather gets like this? The older two grandsons had school today. We haven't even got that much yet.
   My day will be spent working on a baby quilt. It is progressing better then I had thought. I didn't have one even started so it will take a little while. I never keep track of my time when I am making something because I know people wouldn't buy it that way.
   Yesterday I got to go to school for my grandson's program. They portray famous Missourian. They have their board about their lives and dressed as close to how they might have dressed during their time. My grandson was J. C. Penney founder of the J C Penny store.I stay until school was out and then took him home. The first thing he did when he got into the car was turn the electric seat on. He told me my car sure had a lot of bells and whistles. 
   We had to do the chores when we got to their house because he had basketball practice. They were to start a tournament tonight but I don't know if they will have it or it will be cancelled. 
   The only thing I helped with was taking care of the dogs. He did the rest and then we did his exercises because he has physical therapy tomorrow at Children's MercY Hospital. 
   The update on hubby is that he is stable for him. The portal vein in his liver is block for one thing and she did adjust some of the medications, but we have had 15 years since he first became sick. We are having Christmas Eve with him at the nursing home. All the kids will be there except our oldest who will be in the 27th for a few days which will really go fast. We have stretch Christmas over several days. We want to take a family picture while everyone is home. We haven't done that for quite a while.
   I thought my let it snow tea towel fit the day really well because that is what it is doing. My custom order is on their way to a new home in time for Christmas, They should arrive Friday. I still have a few Christmas cards to address, but shopping I took the easy way out and just got gift cards. 
   It was just a little of this and a little of that. Take care. Have a joyous season. Merry Christmas 

8 comments:

Susie said...

Shirley, I have been thinking of you and missing your posts. I pray things will work out for all of you to have a Merry Christmas. To be able to enjoy your time as family. Give your husband a hug from me and he can hug you right back. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Vickie said...

I am so glad you will all be together for the Christmas season.

NanaDiana said...

That towel is darling, Shirley...just cute and cheerful. Glad to hear that your hubby is at least stable and it sounds like he is not much worse.

I am so happy that all your kids will be there for Christmas so you can get some family photos taken.

God bless you. Make sure you show us the baby quilt when you are done. Love to you- Diana

Debby said...

I'm so sorry that I missed your post for the prayer request. I will for sure now. We have been in turmoil here for a few days. Things are getting better.
Love the towels. You have talent. Love hearing about your grandsons. That jewelry box is beautiful. Is the bow out of wood as well.
I hope things go well as far as the tests. You be careful out in the weather. No snow here to speak of, just a dusting but very cold. I am headed to Colorado on Monday. Hubby follows later. we have a great person coming to stay with our doggies. They would never survive a kennel. Have a wonderful Christmas with all of your family. Hugs

Charlotte said...

Brr! Don't like snow! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Mereknits said...

Take good care of yourself during this busy time Shirley. Enjoy your family and your Holiday.
Meredith

Gert said...

Shirley I hope your weather has improved by now. Love your Snow People towel! Just gorgous! Glad they have your hubby under control with meds. It sounds like you will have a wonderful Christmas with all your family.

Blessings,
Gert

Susie said...

Hi Shirley, I just wanted to wish you and your husband a Merry Christmas. God be with you. xoxo,Susie