Thursday, September 3, 2015

Catching Up

 The sun was trying to peak through the fog last Saturday morning. Our horse show was late getting started because of the fog. We said prayers that morning at cowboy church that all of the competitors would have a safe ride and nobody would get hurt. Other then having a couple of horses that didn't want to load the day went rather well for a change. The weather made a nice day to be outside and enjoy the fresh air. This week has been something else with the heat coming back . The schools in town are letting out early. We voted to have all of the schools to have air, but they don't as of yet. They put solar panels on schools that we definitely didn't vote for. Even putting them on one that they closed.

   My middle grandson has enjoyed showing this horse all summer. It is kinda sad that it is coming to an end, but that is the way that it goes. He is counting days until his birthday. He wants to take a trip, but I am not sure where he wants to go. They may go to Branson just to get away from everything. He has looked mighty handsome with his dress shirt, tie, and hat on. They will think more about showing with helmets after brother's accident.
   She is a young horse and for some reason she was throwing her head. They thought maybe she had a bug in her ear or something. He had been riding her without any problems and now they are back to square one starting over. I don't know which one is more afraid and normally my grandson isn't bothered. She just got spooked during western pleasure. He had placed first with her in halter and showed her in showmanship. I can still see him getting thrown. He is back in school and doing good considering everything. He came last night to put on the new mower blades and mowed on my yard. He didn't get it finished. It has rained some this morning won't get to finish it today because my car won't start. The battery cable that I can see has this blue foaming looking stuff around where the cable attaches to the battery. Just what I need at the present time. 
   The last picture is after my oldest got thrown from his horse. That day is still fuzzy as to what he remembers happening. I just know I was scared along with everybody else. 
    Have you got big plans for the Holiday weekend? Just be careful if you are traveling. I know when I went down to the doctors the traffic was really heavy and some drive like idiots. 
   I am sorry for the long post, but thought I needed to let you know I was still here. Take care. 


Linda said...

I enjoyed seeing your grandson on his horse! I don't ride but my younger two children took lessons and loved horses when they were young. All in all, it is so healthy for young people to be around horses - unless they get hurt! So happy your grandson is making a good recovery!

We will be leaving in the morning to head dow to our camper which is at my step son's ranch. LD is wanting to build a deck in front of it so we won't have to deal with MUD when it rains! All that rain seems so long ago now!

Wishing you a lovely holiday with NO problems or surprises!!!

Susie said...

Shirley, I am praying for your grandson to 100 percent better. He looks good on the horse, My g.son is trying heal up from his ATV wreck. He's in a nasty way right now. Has about another 5 weeks before he can go back to school. We love our family and worry about them don't we. Blessings for a great weekend. xoxo,Susie

Charlotte Huffman said...

Glad your grandson is doing better. I have almost the same problem with my grandson's riding their four wheeler! No helmet! Hope hubby is doing well.

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- I have been away and missed the posts about your grandson. I am glad he is okay. It is so scary when someone gets thrown like that. Thank God he was not more seriously injured. I am sending up a prayer that he recovers 100%.

Hope you are doing well and that your hubby is tolerating the treatment at the place he is in. I know it has been a hard few weeks and months for you.

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I am off to bed here- I have to be at the VA by 6 am tomorrow morning. Sending you love and a hug- Diana

Gert said...

Shirley, I'm so glad you're finally getting a little sun. And to hear your boys are still enjoying their showings. Continue to pray for grandson who got thrown. Our granddaughter broke her back when she was thrown from a horse, it was such a worry. And so difficult to get on with her life at that time. But today she is fine and attending college!

Love to your hubby too, hope he's doing well.