Friday, June 3, 2016

A Boy and A Horse

  Horse show season officially got under way the 21st of May. Meet T-biscuit who my grandson is showing this summer. He is a big horse for a little boy, who I am spending time with this summer. Right now he is going to summer school and loving it. He is officially in the 6th grade and getting use to the building and how he changes class rooms for the fall. They go just like a regular class day will be. 
  The first show he got 3 seconds and 1 third. He has learned to lope on this horse which he really likes to do now. His 4 H leader and horse lesson teacher picked the right horse for him. He is showing again this weekend so we are praying for good weather and no rain. I, also, will be going to a ball game. My youngest grandson is playing. I didn't think I was going to have a conflict, but all the rain we got caused several games to be made up and this will be one of them. I will make it.
  The holiday weekend went much to fast. My oldest flew in on Friday and I was his chauffeur for the weekend. I even got to take him to the airport on Monday. When he was in the service, I would cry every time I put him on the plane, but I didn't do that this time. I only told him I wanted to park on the top level and not in the parking garage. You could see what was around you better and didn't have to worry about other things.  I am very careful when I go by myself with everything that goes on in our city and other places any more. 
   Maybe he might be moving closer to home, he did have a job interview when he flew in on Friday. We will just have to wait and see. Right now he works 13 days straight and 1day off. He just wants to be closer to home and family. 
  We went to his brother's Saturday evening while he was in. He spent the night with my grandson above. He gave up his bed for his Uncle. My grandson helped his Uncle build the fire so my daughter-in-law could make what I call a harvest meal in her dutch oven over the fire. It is potatoes, sweet potatoes, green and red peppers, onions, with polish sausage all cooked together. Sometimes she adds green beans and corn to it also. Then she made a jello cake. Things that she knows my oldest likes. She made him cinnamon rolls for one thing for breakfast. They don't help the blood sugar, but they were good for a change. She likes to cook. She is running the cook shack this summer for our horse shows.
  It was nice on Sunday so we went and saw his dad. We sat outside in the gazebo so that he wouldn't have an asthma attack from the smells in the nursing home. I went in and brought his dad out to the gazebo. They had a nice visit. I don't spend as much time at the nursing home right now. My grandson and I pop in every now and then or I pop in when I go to pick him up at school.
  We ate several different places while he was in town. The time just seemed to fly by so fast. I don't know where the month of May went. June is off and running. My oldest grandson turns 17 the 12th of June. The fall will bring his senior year of high school. I hate to admit the kids are growing up. It makes me feel like I am getting old. It is something that happens to all of us. 
   I wanted you all to know I am still hear and I do read your blog's just don't leave a comment at times. Take care. 
     

4 comments:

Quinn said...

Sounds like a nice visit - and a busy one! I'll keep a good thought for the job. Take care, Shirley :}

Susie said...

Shirley, You have been busy . I love that beautiful horse your grandson is showing and riding. Your boys do keep busy too. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie
p.s. hope your son gets that job close to home.

Charlotte said...

Sounds like a great visit from your son. Your grandsons are keeping you young! Hope hubby is doing well.

Mereknits said...

Sounds like things are going very well Shirley, fingers crossed your son gets to move back.
Meredith