Monday, February 5, 2018

HURRY UP SPRING

Spring can't come any too soon. I want to be able to open my window and enjoy the fresh air. I haven't decided if I want to try to raise a live flower or get an artificial one to decorate my apartment with. 
A boy and his horse. You probably will get tired of seeing them. He has no problems catching Hot Rod, but dad has a problem catching him. They have really jelled and he is already talking about how to pack the trailer to go to state this year.  I am working hard so that I can go watch him ride this summer. They are already riding when the weather permits. They build him a shed to where he can get in out of the bad weather.  My grandson is getting taller and thinks that it is funny that he is as tall as me. He sure does have long legs. Aren't the little FedEx trucks cute? My daughter-in-law made them for a little boy whose dad works for fedex.  Well, it is time to go do my walk and ride the bike so I will be back later.
 

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I hope you are able to get out and watch the horse shows this year, Shirley. I know how much you love that! Laughing that "the kid" is taller than you. Some of my grandkids are taller than I am and I am 5'7" so you know they are tall. I think 2 of my grandgirls will top out at about 6' tall. I hope no taller because I think it is hard for a girl to be that tall.

Those FedEx trucks are adorable. Blessings to you and have a good week, Shirley-xo Diana

Vickie said...

I am proud of you working hard Shirley. Yes, the trucks are cute!

Susie said...

Shirley, I am praying you are well when the boys get into the horse shows and you can go along. Everyone in our family outgrew our mom, even grands would measure themselves beside her. They would be taller than her by 4 grade. LOL. Those little trucks are very cute and so sweet for a FedEx family. Blessings to you , take care and get better. xoxo,Susie

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm right there with you, Shirley, on wishing spring would hurry! We had a little ice late yesterday and now they are calling for snow late today and tonight. And it's really cold. You probably have had much the same in your part of our state.
Your grandson's horse is a beauty and I remember from my childhood growing up on the farm and riding horses how easy it is to get attached to them. Love the horse's name...Hot Rod! Hope you are doing well and gaining more mobility with your walks!
Take care and stay well. xx Cheryl

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Shirley!

I was thinking about you the other day, and now seeing this post, I'm happy to see you are getting around better. I have spring fever too. I feel so blah and out of shape.

Those grandsons sure do keep you on your toes. How fun it must be to be around horses so much. I am such an animal lover!

Wishing you well, my friend!

Jane x

Cinderella Moments said...

I'm so glad to hear you are working hard to get your mobility back. You are determined. And that will get you where you want to be. Keep up the great work. You should swim. It's easier on the joints and it's a fabulous way to exercise. All the best to you and your family.
big hugs,
Caroline

Lady Locust said...

That's a nice looking horse!