Sunday, May 19, 2019

RAIN GO AWAY

We have had so much rain this year and still have flooding going on with some of the roads closed due to the rain. Mom and dad are taking my grandson, Matt to Columbia to go on his equine tour that will take them into Canada. It will be a learning and exciting trip for him. He will be making new friends because he is the only one from our area going. It doesn't seem possible that he is going to be 15 in October and starting high school in the fall. 
   I have been busy with working part time and embroidering. I have a  custom order that I am working on. I thought I would take a break for a little bit. We have sunshine right at the moment and I don't know how long that will last. The tornados have missed us, but they have been around us. The damage from the flooding and now this is heart breaking. How long it is going to take to repair damage to roads and bridges is anyone's guess? 
   One of my baby quilts that went to a new home. It always makes me feel good to be part of their new baby's life. 
   The 23rd will be my 2 year anniversary of breaking my leg. I don't notice it to bad unless the weather is being stormy and then it hurts. I still have the knee surgery to undergo, but I am putting it off as long as possible. I just know that if I tried to fly I would definitely set security off with all of the metal in my leg. 
   Both Matt and Ethan play band instruments. Matt plays percussions and is going to continue in Band when he starts high school. Ethan plays the tuba and is going to be in the 8th grade this coming year. He is going to have lessons this summer because his music teachers wants him to go to state as a soloist this next year. That is a great honor for him. I went to both of their spring concerts. You could see the improvement from the winter concert to their spring concert.  
  The first horse show got rained out to start the summer season. There will be one about every weekend in June. I really don't know where the time is going as the month is over half gone. It seems as though it is just started and with a blink of the eye. 
   School is almost over for all of the kids. To keep them occupied and out of mischief is always a challenge. I know my youngest will be going to boy scout camp. I don't know what my middle one will do for sure. I am assuming that he is going to put up hay to earn him some more money this summer. He did that last summer. My oldest is turning 20 this next month. He works for an employer who does remodeling work and really likes doing it. 
   Well I need to get back to my custom order. Take care and stay safe with all of this crazy weather.  

4 comments:

Vickie said...

What a sweet, sweet quilt you are making. So good to get caught up with you Shirley. Take care now.

Gert said...

Wow. Shirley you do such beautiful work. So good to hear how you’re doing. I agree-I can’t believe how fast time is flying by !!! My oldest great granddaughter had her last day at school today. She lives in Nebraska. The twins Live here in Iowa they get out next week.

Take care.
Gert

Mereknits said...

I have been thinking about you with all that horrible weather. Glad you have been spared most of it but for those who have had so much damage I am so sad. I think your summer sounds pretty busy. Take care my friend.

Lady Locust said...

So glad the tornados have missed you and that you are getting a bit of sunshine. Oh those babies sure grow fast. Enjoy those soggy ball games and wet weather rides:-) they'll soon be memories.
Have a beautiful day and many blessings to you~