Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Two down one to go

They ran two test yesterday and I have one to do this coming Monday. I get to go to sleep for that one and I don't have to drink the yucky stuff that makes you wonder where they came up with the taste. They tell you oh it is not that bad, which makes you wonder if they have ever had to taste it.
We took the interstate down to the city and the traffic was something else. I don't care what speed you drive they always go faster.
We are still getting some rain this evening. The Platte, 102, and Missouri Rivers are all out of their banks. It is not as bad as the flood that we went through in 93, but we haven't crested yet. They have sand bagged the Nature Center to keep the river out. I really don't know why they built it so close to the river, but they did.
You just wonder when is it going to stop. Mother Nature is not listening to us very good. We would gladly share with those of you who need the rain and take some sunshine for a few days. I thought we were going to have sunshine all day today, but it didn't happen that way.
I felt sorry for a bus load of boys from Utah that was broken down by where we ate supper this evening. They were having fun playing ball. There was two buses and they sent the girls on in the other bus. They were waiting for them to come out of Kansas City bringing the part to fix the bus. They had been there since 1:30 this afternoon. They have been traveling for over two weeks and they were on their way home. I never did figure what they were using as their ball and bat. They had just graduated from high school. They were very polite and it makes you feel good when you are around kids like that.
You all have a wonderful day.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley. I'm glad you had time to stop by. I sure hope things get better for ya.

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Shirley! Thanks so much for your super sweet visit! My dear friend Paulette spoils me too much. Blessings to you! :)

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Shirley!

I hope all goes well with your tests. Send me some of your rain, everything is dying around here since it's so dry!

LuLu♥

Vicki said...

Hello, Shirley,
I am glad you are about finished with your tests. Hopefully, the doctors can determine the problem for you. We got just a little shower today for which I am most thankful. I won't have to water so much for the next couple of days. Enjoy your weekend, sweet friend. Love and blessings always~ Vicki

Vintage Porcelain Art By Amy Enright said...

Wonderful Blog! Love the pansys!
Amy