Monday, August 2, 2010

WEEKEND WENT TO FAST

The weekend went much to fast to accomplish everything that I wanted to do We had our family reunion on Sunday with seven brothers and sisters attending out of ten with our extended families. I got to see some nieces and nephews that I haven't seen for a long time with their families. We had two newly wed couples in attendance.

There were a lot of great nieces and nephews in attendance with the youngest being 18 months and my oldest brother is going to be 81 his birthday. We had a lot of food and good conversation. The time spent together always seems to go much to fast and I was irritated with myself because I forgot my camera. I will be able to get some pictures of some of them because they are invited to my grandson's birthday party. It should be a lot of fun, I just hope that it cools down some with the number of people that has been invited.
It has turned off so very hot this week. We have a heat advisory for the next few days. We had rain this morning before I went to work. It did nothing but make it that much hotter. You just drink more water and visit the bathroom more often.

I thought I would show you a couple more of the things that I have been working on the last few days. Lately with the heat , I have headache's when I get home from going in and out of the air conditioning. It takes a while for them to go away so I usually am up later then I probably should be, but there isn't much I can do about them.

I really don't want to see our light bill this month. It is probably going to be out of sight. They always manage to raise the bills when it is the hottest. The lights in the summer and the gas company in the winter.

School will be starting in two weeks for part of the kids . They probably won't go full days if it stays this hot which won't help the working family. All of my grandsons will be in school this year. Ethan in preschool, Matt in kindergarten, and Jake in the 6Th grade. They grow up so very fast anymore.
I found the picture of my two pot holders. I thought they made up really cute. Try to stay cool if you live where we are have the hot weather.

Take care.





9 comments:

Terra said...

The reunion sounds like fun and I hope the weather cools down for you. The potholders are cute.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Love what you have been working on they are so pretty. gosh you are just so creative.
Darn it is too hot isn't it. I am with you about the electric bill. I too will probably loose my breath for a minute or two when I see the total.
Just can't believe how hot our summer has been and we are just now into August which is always the worse.
Like you mentioned lots of water.
So be careful in this heat and hope your headaches are not so often.
Loved stopping by here for a visit.
I hope you entered my giveaway.
Love
Maggie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh I forgot to mention about your family reunion. I love going to those and miss them now that our families are all drifting in different directions. I am like you I would of probably forgot my camera too.
Love
Maggie

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shirley:
The air conditioning really plays havoc with my sinuses, too, but we'd melt right away if we didn't have it. Whenever I think about it, I'm in awe of the pioneers who settled Florida (and other parts HOT). I don't know how they did it!

So wonderful that you could get together with family over the weekend.

Hope the rest of your week will be creative and pain-free, my friend.
Hugs from FL,
Donna
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Supposed to get hot here starting today. AC will be on again!!
Love the embroidery.....
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley!
Sorry I hadn't been by in a few days. Look at all you've done since last we talked! Your booth is coming together nicely. Love how you are hanging some things. Most display in booths by just piling things on top of each other and you can't see much that way.
Have you made a sign for your booth? Your banner on top of your blog would be great enlarged and printed....I bet a Kinko's could do it for ya and you could put it in a pretty white picture frame.
I know what you mean about people just lookin at stuff on Etsy...sometimes I wonder if it's just other crafters getting ideas..
I have lots of visitors, but no buyers {(
Sounds like you had a great Sunday. It's been a smog and heat alert here for all week. Sunday was ok Jim and I spent the whole day mowing and cleaning off our porches and finally gettin fixed back up. I'll have pics soon. The only bad thing is I'm havin allergy attacks again. I had to get more med yesterday cause I ran out..not good....had a doozy of a headache all day and my ears started cracklin...I hate allergies!
Well I have to get back to work. Hope you're havin a good week so far.
Melody

a Vintage Cottage said...

Don't you just hate it when you forget the camera at an important event? I do it all the time! Best of luck with your new booth.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Anne Lorys said...

Your potholders are just darling!
I never have enough of those, and I'm always looking for cute ones, so I might need to grab some from you.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your reunion! :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs,
Anne

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hello Shirley! My goodness you've been busy with family things...that's quite the LARGE family you have there! I love reunions although my family has never had one (we're so small and spread out in at least 4 different countries). We're breaking records here in Kansas with 109 yesterday. I hope your temperatures cool down soon. Love your needlework. Have a wonderful day and stay cool! Maura :)