Friday, December 16, 2011

Update

We have had a very long and busy day . We spent it in the city getting my hubby an iron infusion. He actually had warm hands when they got through and before that his hands would be cold. He said that he felt better. I just wanted to get him through the holidays. We have one doctor appointment left this year and then we will be through for the year. 
I am hoping that we don't have  any other problems. The diabetic doctor is not going to be happy because his blood sugar will be out of whack. That always happens when he gets the iron because they give him steroids. I got my gingerbread couple tea towel done. It is ready to laundry and take the pictures so that you can see it. 
Tomorrow will be a day of running errands. I would just as soon stay home, but I have some things that I absolutely have to do. It takes the fun out of it in that respect. I haven't wrapped any presents yet. Christmas brings some sad memories along with the fun ones. I lost my mother on the 18 th and my dad on Christmas Day when they died. I think back of our Christmas together when dad went and got the tree, we strung popcorn to put on the tree, remember the bubble lights, the home made garland out of construction paper. We always helped mom make the homemade candy and cookies. How many of you have made homemade taffy? I can remember doing that with my mom. 
My daughter-in-law has been making homemade candy and cookies. I don't do it because if I did my hubby would eat way to many sweets. 
Hope you all have a wonderful week.

6 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Dear Shirley.
Hope your husband feels better soon.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Sharon

Avery Hill said...

Praying for you Shirley...
I love the memories you share... So beautiful :)
Merry Christmas!
Love always,

Alaina
averyhill

LuLu Kellogg said...

I hope your husband is feeling better Shirley! I will keep him in my prayers!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Debby said...

It's good that you have those memories when you think of your parents.
I hope the infusion helps your husband.
Happy Holidays.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Shirley:
So glad you're able to enjoy the holidays with your husband. I didn't want the week to pass without sending Christmas blessings your way.
xoxo
Donna

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Hello Shirley,

I pray your husband is feeling better soon.

Thank you for stopping by! I wish you and yours a very Blessed Christmas.

xxoo
Marsha