Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ready for the Weekend

Have you made your plans for the weekend? Are you going camping, to the lake boating or just lounging around home. Have you started making your plans for the 4th of July? It will be here before we know it. 

There is only a little over a week left in this month. I don't know where it went, but it has flown by that is for sure. 

I have been trying to do some embroidering, but all I have done is sleep in the chair. It  is one that has wings that you can lay your head in the corner and you are gone. I guess it is partially from going in and out of air-conditioning all day long. The body doesn't adjust well to it. 


My little puppy dog in the sewing basket. He is listed in my etsy shop. I put a red blanket stitch around the border. I have found a blanket stitch is not really that hard to do. I found a tutorial that took you step by step. I just wish I had bookmark it so if I wanted to go back. 


I would have liked to been a mouse to see what the judge was talking to him about. I can never really tell if he is listening or not. I just thought it was a cute picture. I have to give the photographer a lot of credit because she does a very good job. 

Have you made plans for the 4th of July? Do you celebrate with a  barbacue and fireworks? Does your community have a firework display?

We will be going to our daughters for our celebration. We are going to do it on Saturday instead of the actual 4th because we all have to work  the next day. My sil is working the 4th of July. They get the 5th off. They work a 4 day work week anyway so they will have a four day weekend. They usually have some fireworks and of course the little ones have their smoke bombs with all of the different colors of smoke. 

We go down to the city for a doctor appointment of Tuesday to find out if they are going to give him an iron infusion. I would like to get it before the holiday if he has to have it. I just know to me his color is getting whiter.  We will find out. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We are hoping to maybe go watch the boys ride, but it depends on the weather and how hot it gets. Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet your new work, and the photo of the little fellow and his horse is just precious, air conditioning is draining, I agree, love the lilies in the photo,

Lynn said...

Hi Shirley, I plan to hang around at home all weekend and just potter around. Not sure about next weekend. You have your 4th of July and we have Canada Day to celebrate here. People usually have fireworks this weekend too.
It has been so very hot here in the Niagara region, but I am loving it :)

Vicki said...

Hi, Shirley, dear friend,
Not a lot planned for the weekend. I will go out for breakfast in the morning with my sisiter and niece. We try to get together at least once a week for a visit. I will be visiting my youngest son and his family in NM for the 4th of July. We usually cook out and shoot off fireworks. It sounds like you will be having a good time with your family, too. Hope your hubby's dr. appt. goes well, and he can get the treatment needed. Sending loads of love to you~Vicki

Cinderella Moments said...

The picture of your grandson is perfect. I think both he and the horse are listening to the judge. So cute! And speaking of cute, that puppy in a basket is adorable.
We have a 4th of July in the neighborhood. We just have to walk down my street and there it is. I suppose we could see it from the house too. There's a lot of fireworks here. You can see at least 4 in the near distance. Texans love fireworks!
Praying for your husband. Take care of each other.
hugs
Caroline

Beedeebabee said...

Hi there Shirley! I'm so glad you remembered me. Hee hee! Your blog is as lovely as always, and your little embroidery is just darling.
We don't have any plans yet for the 4th, but we'll probably go see the big fireworks display at the park next weekend. That's always beautiful. That little cowboy in the photo is so cute! Stay cool Sweetie! xo Paulette