Monday, June 11, 2012

Wishing

 Have you ever found yourself wishing that you could do whatever you wanted instead of having to do what is expected of you? 
The weekend was much to short, but enjoyable. We celebrated Jake's 13th birthday on Saturday late afternoon and evening. Of course, Ethan had to ride before he could go home. Jake went and got Cleo and led him around the yard. He thought he was big stuff. He had to bring his boots and jeans. He always want to ride.
We had beefburgers, pasta salad, chips and homemade salsa, broccoli salad,veggie tray, mac and cheese, triple berry cobbler made in the dutch oven.
Jake and Ethan with Cleo
That was the menu from the birthday boy. Of course, you had to have ice cream. Oh I forgot Ethan helped mommy make cookies for us to have too. 

Every time he would go by us he would wave at us. He was probably asleep before they reach the corner because of being so tired. They played really hard, but had a great time. Jake was waiting for his turn at the gate, Mommy is holding Cleo with Matt in the blue helmet. The photographer M A Donaldson does a wonderful job taking pictures of the kids. You never know what she is going to take and you can be surprised   
Jake waiting his turn taken by M A Donaldson brother in the back ground 
I thought I would show you one of the latest things that I have done. I have one in the works in John Deere Colors. This one is in my etsy shop. It is a single pillow case. My boys liked it, but mommy would like it on a different color pillowcase. I got to see what I can find so many now days already has a design on them.
Tommy Tractor Pillow case
 I don't usually post a picture of me, but Matt was taking pictures and he took this one of me. I didn't realize how gray my hair was getting, but I think I will just leave it that way. If I color it, which is expensive and you have to have it done every little bit. I don't have the time nor patience.
Matt took a picture of me
 Would you believe he is thirteen? I remember the day he was born. I spent a lot of time with his mommy when she was in labor. I use to spend time rocking and reading to him. He is modeling his new belt buckle for everybody.
Jake modeling his belt buckle, dad and his other grandpa looking on
He was so proud of his belt buckle with a long horn steer on it. His mom and dad got him a pair of spurs with fancy work on them.
I will miss seeing them ride this coming Saturday. I am going to a baby shower for my great niece. She is officially graduated and now has the MD behind her name. She is starting her residency which will be three years. I haven't seen them since her sister's wedding. Will enjoy visiting with family.
Hope you all have a good week. We had some rain, but need more. Sorry about the long post. 

11 comments:

Debby said...

You have been busy but a good busy. I like your hair. Is it naturally curly Happy Birthday to your grandson.

Elaine said...

Thanks for sharing a picture and your birthday weekend with the grandson..I celebrrated my 70th this past week and my daughter gave me a party and invited family and friends.. I'm waiting for pictures. Hugs elaine

Unknown said...

You look fabulous, Shirley. What beautiful captures of the boys & horses. looks like all had a grand time.
Have a great week ~
TTFN~
Huggers,
Marydon

NanaDiana said...

I love that the kids have such a good time with their horse shows. How wonderful that you can go and see them-even though I know how tiring those things can be.

A nice picture of you, Shirley. You look happy and I think your grey hair is lovely.

Enjoy the shower this weekend-it is always fun to catch up with family and friends- xo Diana

Cinderella Moments said...

You have so much fun. You are so busy all the time. You seem to be enjoying yourself a lot. You look great. I love your hair the way it is. Have a great time at the baby shower!
hugs
Caroline

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hello Shirley!
What a fun party and congratulations to your grandboy for turning the big 13!
Your stitched piece is absolutely darling!!

You look beautiful with your natural grey hair and I wouldnt change a thing!

Thanks for letting us share in the birthday festivities Shirley!

Smiles from your (born in) Missouri friend,
Lynn

Vicki said...

Hi, Shirley, pretty lady!! I am so glad you showed a picture of yourself. Now I have your face to go with your writings. You always have such a busy time and lots of fun with your family. Good for you!! You did an incredible job on that cute pillowcase, too. Enjoy the rest of your week, sweet friend! Vicki

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

So nice to see a photo of you Shirley! You are every bit as sweet as I pictured in my mind.
xx

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I think you are beautiful and don't color your hair it is too pretty.
It is wonderful that your grand children love their horses.
They do grow up way to fast for us don't they.
Hope you can slow down and do what you want to ....easier said than done I know.
Love ya
Maggie

Julie Marie said...

Hello Shirley... and thank you for stopping by!... sounds like you are having a busy Summer... loved seeing the pretty picture of you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley! Surprise! Just wanted t pop in and say Hi. Everything's the same since we last e-mailed. Oh, the answer to your post question is
YES but, gotta do what we gotta I guess. sigh.
Hope John's doin well.
Tour Cincinnati Friend