Tuesday, April 22, 2014


    My magnolia before the freeze turned it brown. It was so pretty and our weather has up and down. We were back in the 40's this morning. 
  I hope everybody had a wonderful Easter weekend. Mine was very busy. I started last Thursday with spending the day with my oldest grandson while brother was having his MRI done. Still waiting  on the results, Praying that his hearing problem will be repairable, but that remains to be seen. If not he will be wearing a hearing aid. Being his teacher knows about it she makes sure she is on his good side. I spent the day with my oldest calling on people to try to get sponsors for their 4H horse show this next month. He didn't do bad. I was just the chauffeur I don't mind because it is a way to spend time with him. I am taking one of his buddies and him to summer school and they are moving my yard for my payment. 
   I had an enjoyable evening on Saturday watching the boys hunt their Easter Eggs including my oldest who will be 15 before long. Then on Sunday I ate lunch at the nursing home with hubby as the kids were all going every which way. 
   Yesterday I had my middle grandson because brother had practice for state horse judging. We were running around getting what grandpa needed. He was hoping grandma would take him to Cracker Barrel, but I had already been told about that. He was a  little mad, but he didn't stay that way long. I am going to be a chauffeur quite a bit this summer. I don't have anything else to do so I might as well help the kids. A lot of things get scheduled during work for their parents.
   I thought I would show you a couple of my horse tea towels. The first set was a custom order and I will be starting another towel of the three later today. My customer wants a palomino, a bay, and a brown and white paint. The boys have had fun helping pick the colors. Of course dad having a Beyer collection doesn't hurt when I want to see a color. I just know the hands have to bee kept busy. Anybody who would like one of them, all you have to do is e-mail me and I would be happy to do a custom order for you.
   Had a little excitement after Matt and I left from seeing grandpa at the nursing home. Hubby took a tumble out of his wheelchair. He was trying to pick up something and leaned to far over in his chair. He didn't break anything for which we are thankful for. They called me and gave me the results of his x-rays  last night so that I would sleep better. I will go up later to check on him after the doctor has been there. 
   The sun is shining, but it hasn't warmed up a lot as of yet. We had rain showers yesterday off and on. It depended on where you were at whether you got any or not. 
   Everybody is back in school so it will be somewhat normal once more if there is such a thing as normal. I appreciate every one of you who have stopped by my blog and left me such wonderful comments. 
   Well enough rambling I need to get my shoes on and start my errands for today. Have a wonderful week and take care.


Beth said...

Hi Shirley, I am so glad that your husband didn't break any bones when he fell.
You are a very busy lady!

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- Well, first off I am so sorry your hubby took a tumble. That is just too bad-and he must have felt so helpless when that happened. There is so much indignity to aging sometimes, isn't there?

You have been busy with the grands..and WHAT KIND OF GRAMMA won't take a kid to Cracker Barrel? (laughing here). Our kids like Golden Corral and are always disappointed if we don't take them. lol

I hope you are doing well and that horse embroidery is just gorgeous, Shirley. You do beautiful work- xo Diana

Cindy said...

Glad hubby wasn't hurt! You are a wonderful grandma, and a big help! I'm sure your kids and grand kids are grateful to be able to spend time with you. The horses look great, too!

Mereknits said...

So glad your husband was not hurt, when my Mom could move she would often slide out of her wheelchair. You are a terrific Grandmother and these lucky boys will always remember the attention you have given them and cherish the times with you.

Cache-Mire said...

Glad you got to enjoy the magnolias before the freeze and that hubby wasn't hurt.

Susie said...

Shirley, Some times, there seems to be too many things to do and other times we need things to do...to keep our minds from worry. Glad your husband is okay. It will be nice when you get time with the grandsons. They will remember you doing this for them. I love you tea towels...you have magic fingers when it comes to needle work. LOL. Blessings sweet lady, xoxo,Susie

Vicki Boster said...

Goodness- what a scare! I'm so glad your husband was not hurt in his fall- this could have been so much worse!

Your horses are so beautiful-- what a wonderful idea to put them on your towels-- they just look amazing. I bet you get lots of orders--

I hope you get some good news regarding your grandsons hearing issues. You and your family are in my prayers-

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

So glad your honey bunny is ok. Good gracious! Love our tree and your stitchies.

Jules Woolford said...

Thank goodness your husband was ok. I'm glad you had a lovely time with your family. Gosh, that magnolia blossom - stunning. Enjoy completing your beautiful horses!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

So glad all is well with your Hubby. :)

Love your tea towels...so very pretty.

Wishing you a most lovely day. :)

Gert said...

Oh Shirley..first I'm so glad your husband is okay. I'm sure he,s sore and probably bruised! So glad you are able to spend time with your grandchildren! You are making beautiful memories for those children! Bless you! I love your stitchery! Those horses are really neat!


Vikki Hooks said...

Hi Shirley..just popped in to see what you were stitching..found you through Stitchy Mcfloss...I am a crocheter, but appreciate any and all needlework...your horses look awesome!! feel free to pop by my blog when you have a chance.