Monday, April 6, 2015

Where the weekend go

    I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Our celebration was a little different then the traditional celebration,
   First, my son-in-law had open heart surgery today. They did 5 by-passes so we continue to ask for your prayers. They lost one of their dogs on Friday so it wasn't quite like they wanted to have Easter. My daughter is trying to keep a normal routine for my youngest grandson while his dad is in the hospital.
   We did celebrate Easter and our oldest son's birthday on Friday. He had to go back after spending a week here at home on Saturday. He was a baby sitter on Friday spending time with his three nephews. He was tired after being with them so that the girls could do some shopping. It didn't seem like he should be 50  years old. The boys hunted Easter Eggs that evening at our son's house. We had hamburgers on the grill, pasta salad, broccoli and cauliflower salad, relishes, devil eggs, and strawberries and angel food cake just to name part of it. That is the menu my oldest wanted for his birthday. My daughter-in-law tries to do for him as he doesn't get home that often. Today he was suppose to be headed back to Texas to work. I don't know how long he will be there.
   The picture is of our 15 year old grandson welding on the new arena fence. They have just 5 panels left to go. He had welding in his shop class in school. , plus one of the others that makes his living welding helped give him some more pointers. He learns very quickly. Of course grandma likes to brag on the boys. He reminded me today that we have 35 days until the first horse show. 
   I spent the day with him and his brother while they were out of school. They had dental appointments so I took them and their mom met me there after she got off work. I was ready to come home after the day of running around. The weather was cold and drizzly all day. It doesn't help the back when it is that kind of weather. 
     I did eat lunch with hubby on Easter at the nursing home. They had a nice lunch for the ones who were there. It was an enjoyable day with the sunshine and warmer. 
    Today was the home opener for the Kansas City Royals. They won. I bet it was rather chilly sitting there watching the game. It never did really rain, just drizzly and foggy. It was just enough to make you run your windshield wipers. 
    I will try to keep you up dated with our family. All prayers are greatly appreciated. Take care. 

9 comments:

Debby said...

I read about your SIL and wanted to get back to tell you I was praying. My father had 7 bi passes many many years ago. He did so well for many years. It sounds like you are all pulling together as a family. Your Easter meal sounds really good. We had dinner out just the two of us after church. Sounds a little lonely but things were happening in our family and it was fine. Thinking of you and praying that thing get a least closer to normal.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good morning. Your family is certainly going through a lot all at one time. I'll continue to remember you in my prayers. There is one thing I know, and that is that families that pull together in times like this send a lot of powerful healing energy to the ones that need it. Best wishes that all will be well.
xx, Carol

Gert said...

Shirley,

Your SIL is in my prayers for a speedy recovery! Wow, that is a major surgery. Glad however,myou had some time with your son before he went back to Texas... So glad your grandson is putting his welding skills to work and learning more along the away. So nice you were able to have lunch with hubby on EASTER. Please take care...

Blessings,
Gert

Charlotte said...

Hope your son-in-law gets better soon. Glad your son was able to come home for a visit. Thinking of you and yours.

Vickie said...

I am praying Shirley!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Shirley! I will keep your SIL in my prayers. So glad you got to see your son from Texas. I remember when my son lived in TX and it was always so good to see him. Now that he is back in KC, we see him much more often. We try to drive there every now and then, but it's getting to where I hate driving in all that city traffic. I can do it, but don't like it. Hubby doesn't either. People drive so studidly and much too fast.
I'm glad you had a nice Easter. It's been raining here off and on since last night and supposed to be even worse weather with storms the next 2 days. That's spring, I guess. Take care! Hugs, Cheryl

CatieAn said...

oh Shirley I am praying for your family and son in law especially.
I hope he comes through rehab just fine. I feel for your grandson. My husband had open heart surgery at 52 13 yrs ago nd is just as healthy as ever now.

Mereknits said...

I am keeping your son and your whole family in my prayers Shirley.
Hugs,
Meredith

bj said...

Dearest Shirley..
Prayers for all of you..glad you had time with your grands...that always makes us feel better.
Glad you had dinner with your hubby and praying he is doing ok.