Saturday, February 13, 2016

Cold Cold

   It has been a very cold and damp today. The kind of a day where you get chilled really quick if you are out in it. I spent most of yesterday and today running around with my oldest grandson. We were selling ads for the horse club show booklet. We got some each day so it wasn't a waste of our time and energy. I did the driving and he did all of the talking.
   Happy Valentine's Day to all of my friends and family here on blog land. It isn't suppose to be that nice. They aren't sure if we will get snow or rain tomorrow. I suggest that they let everyone guess what in the morning will bring. We are suppose to get right back up in the 50's. I will take that over single digits any day. 
   My brother is still hanging in as the saying goes. He gets short of breath at times when he  talk. I sometimes think that the hospitals don't want to do much for the older people because of age. I just wish he didn't have to suffer if that is gods wish. He is 85 or 86 years old. I can't remember if there was 2 years or three between him and my brother that I lost.  My mother was in a coma for 6 months before she passed away. I had a hard time going to the nursing home back then because you didn't know if she knew you were there or not. 
   Then dealing with my other half who has decided he just wants to stay in bed and not eat. He got up this morning and went for a walk in his wheel chair. It is no wonder his leg doesn't support him with him just wanting to lay around. I don't know what is with that. When I go see him, he just wants to sleep. I tried to call him, but he didn't answer so I figured that he was asleep. We go the 29th for a liver ultrasound. I know his ammonia level is high and the blood sugars are like a roller coaster. It makes you feel like you are in between a rock and hard place. We will go see the doctor on the 7th of March so we shall see what happens in between. 
  My hands have been busy and today gave me a change of scenery. We went exploring to find a company that is out in the country. We found it, but they are only opened Monday thru Friday 8 to 5. We had lunch at a family restaurant in Cameron, Missouri called Dino's Family Restaurant. I had a ham wrapped sandwich which I brought half of it home. It had peppers, onions, tomatoes, cheese and ham served hot with french fries. I brought half of it home because it was so big. They do breakfast, lunch, and supper. They have a lot on the menu to choose from.  We ate under twenty dollars. My car has wifi so he used his gps on his phone to find a couple of places we were looking for. It was a fun day.
  My middle grandson went skiing yesterday for the 5th grade Valentine Party and he was ready to go again. They are going to have a box sled races later this month at Snow Creek. 
The sleds have to be made out of boxes using duct tape and glue. That should be fun to watch. I hope they post pictures of the sleds. You can also go tubing there. My grandson wanted to go again because he had fun. 
  Happy Happy Valentine Day, Stay warm and safe. Take care.
 
  

6 comments:

MLM247 said...

You certainly have your hands busy with the men in your life.
For the ones who are staying in bed I suggest singing lots of those childhood songs. You will not be on a stage or in a recording studio so a few mistakes will not matter. But being reminded of childhood apparently helps a lot of people who are ill.
You are a very kind and loving person. Your family is lucky to have you.

Mereknits said...

My Mother was like your husband, she just didn't want to move. I used to get so upset with her because then she lost all ability to move and take care of herself. Now I realize it was dementia or another neurological process robbing her of her desire and ability to move. I wish you a wonderful Valentine's Day Shirley, and I wish your brother peace in whatever form that comes.
Meredith

Vickie said...

I am praying for you brother and husband Shirley. I am glad the kids have fun out in this cold, snowy weather at least.

Susie said...

Shirley, I am so sorry to hear this about your husband. Sounds like he may be giving up on his hope. You tell him he is in many of our prayers and we want him to be strong. I wish your husband could be with you today. Remember back to when you were young and could do the things that made you laugh. Some times our memories cheer us . I am sending happy wishes and hugs to you and your family. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie
p.s. 35 more days till spring, this nasty stuff can't last much longer. :):)

Gert said...

Oh Shirley I'm so sorry to read about your trials in this life. Sorry your brother has to suffer, no one at any age should have to go through this. And your husband, I know how hard it is to see them giving up and wanting to sleep all the time. Thank goodness he eventually will get into a wheelchair and out of that bed. You are so strong, my prayers are with you, your brother and husband. Life is challenging, but we must keep our faith. NOW for your joys in life, how blessed you and your grandsons are! They put a smile on your face, that none other can😊
I hope your weather straightens up and you, like us get some of those 50 degree days!!

Blessings,
Gert

Charlotte said...

Happy Valentine's day! We're having much the same weather here in SC. Cold today and in the 50's by mid-week! Hope your brother and hubby feel better. Stay warm and keep embroidering!