Saturday, February 6, 2016

Prayers Needed

Prayers are needed for my oldest brother who went into hospice care at home yesterday. I am not ready to lose him, but I know that he will be at peace and he is ready to go. Neither he nor his wife have been in good health this past year. We think that they will be here forever, but that is not the case. He is one of my brothers who help take care of me when I was a baby and growing up. He help feed me and change my diaper. Him and his wife were the first in our family to have a television set. It was black and white, but who care about that. We would go to their house in town while my mom and dad did their shopping to watch cartoons, western series, and had a good time. When my parents passed away, he took over as head of the family being the oldest getting a place for our family reunion. He always said the prayer before we ate at our family reunion. 
  Now on to happier times, my grandson won first place at the Pine Wood Derby at the Mall today. He will have one more year that he can race a car before he becomes to old. We even had a 4 year old that got second in the open class. Grandpa had built his car. Some that they were hoping to see didn't come, but there were new faces. Hew people to meet. He even got accused of cheating that his car was to heavy. It didn't even weigh a complete 5 ounces that it could. Why do people have to be that way? Why don't they teach their child good sportsmanship instead of being an embarrassment to their child whether a parent or grandparent? I know if my family acted that way I would be so embarrass. 
  I spent two days with my middle grandson this past week. Brother had his technical school in the afternoon and little brother could not stay by himself. He was good for me helping with the laundry and even fixing grandma's lunch. He made fried eggs for a sandwich. He likes to cook. I have heard he wants to be a chef when he grows up. He will be going to Mary Poppins performance for one field trip this next week. He is really excited because their valentine party will be a ski trip. He will go Snow Creek near Weston, Missouri for the day. Their 5th grade gets to do that. 
  Hope all of you are safe and getting dug out of the snow by now.
Take care. 

18 comments:

R's Rue said...

Will do
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Vicki Boster said...

My sweet friend--
I am so sorry that your brother is so ill- I can't imagine how this must weigh so heavy on your heart. My prayers will be with you and his family. I am truly so very sorry for this heartache.

You have such a fine family and your boys must make you so proud!!! I'm glad they are all doing so well with their activities.

Sending you much love..
Vicki

Linda said...

Sorry about your brother, it sounds like he was a good man. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your grandsons.

JMD said...

I will pray.

Zenia Rene said...

Sending prayer hugs your way.

MLM247 said...

You are a very compassionate person and your family is guided by your example. My thoughts are with your family especially your brother at this difficult time. Take lots of photos because you will need them in the months to come. Get photos of the two of you together - it helps mend your heart.
Gently help your grandsons understand how these times fit within your religious beliefs. Talk to them about your sorrow and your love for your brother so that they value the precious gift of life.

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm sending many prayers your way, Shirley, and for all of your family and your dear brother. He sounds like he was a huge part of your life since you were young. Let us know how things go, I will think of you as always.

Jane xxx

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Shirley:
You only have to ask and you know I'll lift prayers for you and yours. Especially now, for your brother as he makes his journey.

Congratulations on that Derby win! He's been quite the winner through the years! Yay, him.

Take care and stay warm as you make your way through the rest of this winter. You're in my thoughts and prayers, friend.
xoxo
Donna

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'll be praying for you and your family, as I always do remember you and your husband.

Cool derby win. My daughter played sports, as did my grandsons. It has always been that there are those that cannot accept that it was someone else's day to shine.

We have always had a great relationship with our grands and I ALWAYS love to hear about time you spend with yours. My grands are my greatest gift.

Stay warm
xx, Carol

Vickie said...

I am praying for you brother and your husband Shirley.

Charlotte said...

Prayers for your brother. Stay strong.

Susie said...

Shirley, You are in my prayers today. I will pray for your brother too. This is hard for all of you. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo,Susie

Debby said...

I am so sorry about your dear brother. We are never ready to say goodbye. I will pray that you have peace in your heart when this does happen.
Congrats to your grandson.
((((Hugs))))

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

It's always too soon to lose someone we love so much! I'm so sorry, Shirley. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mereknits said...

Prayers for you and your whole family Shirley. Losing a loved one is not easy especially a wonderful brother who means so much to you.
Hugs,
Meredith

Gert said...

Oh Shirley, you know I'm praying for your brother. It is so hard to lose a loved one. I'm glad to hear he is under Hospice, they are amazing. They are so nice and take such wonderful care of their patients!

What a blessing those grandchildren are! Congratulations on their win in the derby!

Please know you,re in my thoughts and prayers!

Blessings,
Gert

Cinderella Moments said...

May God watch over your brother and you during this difficult time. Your family has been under a lot of stress for sure. Stay strong Shirley.
big hugs♥,
Caroline

Quinn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, Shirley. Sending good thoughts your way, and his.