Wednesday, August 24, 2016

It has been awhile

I have been away from my blog for a while. It has been a very busy time for me with all that has been happening at my house. To bring you up to date with some of what is going on in my life. I was having some blurring in my eyesight. I thought it was maybe my glasses, but it turned out that I had scar tissue behind the implants they did when I had my cataract surgery. They did laser treatments and my vision has come back to where it should be. I still have some floaters which they say will go away. They are little black spots and before they go away they get little strings hanging down from them. I am just thankful that they got my problem resolved. 
    Hubby is going to go see another doctor about his hip and leg. He doesn't want to accept that the risk is too great and it could be worse than it is now. I got told that even though I have his power of attorney for his health I can't stop him from doing what he wants to do. He is going to have to make the decision because I won't do it anymore. He has good days and bad. He thinks now that school has started that I should spend every day at the nursing home, but I need some time for myself. 
  I have a baby quilt that I am working on at the present time. It is taking longer than I thought. I can understand why the kit was the price it was. Some of the thread is only 5 strand and part of the stamp pattern is missing. Needless to say, it is a learning experience. They furnished the kit and I am doing the embroidering.
  I turned three-quarters of a century the 19th of this month. Family and friends were there for me in wishing me Happy birthday. I spent a quiet day. My daughter in law had me out for supper which was cooked outside over the fire in a dutch oven. She even made peach cobbler for dessert. 
  The hands are kept busy embroidering. I have to retake some of my pictures to show you what I have been doing. I just thought I had better let you know that I am o.k. 
  We had our family reunion this year. Six of the eight remaining brothers and sisters were there. It was an enjoyable day catching up with family. My oldest is now living back in the area closer to home. He moved back the 4th of July weekend.  It will be easier for everybody concerned. The kids think that they all need to be closer. 
   I will try to be around a little more often now that horse show season is over excepting the awards supper which won't be until October. 
  Hope you all are well. Take care . The storms are in the area tonight. We have a severe storm watch out until 11 o'clock. 

 

10 comments:

Linda said...

It's so good to hear from you! Happy Birthday! You are amazing!

MLM247 said...

Glad things are OK. The eyesight problem must have been very worrying and you must feel much brighter now that things are fixed.
I'm not sure I would want my family hanging around, but it is a sure sign that they love and value you. That's nice.
Happy birthday. Here's to another 25 years on this earth.

Charlotte said...

Glad to hear from you. Happy late birthday! I have a floater in my eye also but I've gotten used to it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Ahhhh, I've missed you. I'm not sure if you read my blog, but we just dealt with my FIL's passing. Beforehand we had to deal with some of the issues that you hve written about in the past couple of years. You are not alone.

OMGOSH, a cataract issue. I have one brewing and will look into having it taken care of this fall. People tell me it's a breeze, but it scares me.

I remember when I thought 75 was old, lol!! Not so anymore as I approach 65 in October. Happy belated birthday. I'm sure your family made you feel special.
xx, Carol

Susie said...

Shirley, I am so glad to see you back. Glad your vision has been cleared up. Yes, relax and take time for you....one do so much for your family.I know they love you and truly appreciate all you do. Happy birthday, hope you have many.,many more. Blessings to you sweet friend, xoxo, Susie

Vickie said...

Glad to know you had a great birthday Shirley. Enjoy the end of summer!

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Birthday to you, my friend! I'm happy to hear from you again. So grateful you had your vision problems 'cleared' up---no pun intended.

You family is so sweet to have celebrated your birthday with you like this. Keep up the good work with your talented sewing and knitting and crocheting. I so wish I had this talent. I now have two grandchildren on the way...wow! I'd have my hands filled with my needles!

Love to you...take care and I'm sending a big hug!

Jane

Mereknits said...

Happy Birthday dear Shirley. So glad you got some help with your vision, must have been scary after you have already had surgery.
Sending you a hug,
Meredith

Joyce F said...

Glad to see you back. I'd been wondering about you! Belated birthday wishes.

Anonymous said...

Long for the day when there won't be any more sickness or death.