Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I am still here


   I am still here just have had a lot going on in my life that required my attention. We have had between 6-9 inches of rain and it is still raining. I wish it would stop. Water in basements and some flash flooding, plus flooding. The rain just came too fast. 
   The summer went entirely too  fast and the months seem to fly by with a blink of an eye. I didn't  really care for the heat, but then we can't be choosey. 
   The fingers have been kept busy to help keep my sanity or at least that is what I say. I have had two shots put in my knee because of arthritis but is not bad enough to require a knee replacement. I had a scare with my eyes because of them blurring and couldn't figure out. It turned out to be there was scar tissue behind my implants from the cataract surgery. They did a laser treatment on both eyes and my vision is back to where it was before. 
  I just hope my doctor appointment tomorrow goes okay. I need some answers about where I need to try to keep my blood pressure. I don't want it to get to low. 
  Hubby is doing as well as can be expected. They are basically just trying to maintain him. His ammonia level keeps going up so it takes longer for him to think what he wants to say, plus gets confused at times. It is hard to watch. I keep praying for a miracle. He still thinks that he can get his hip redone and walk again. Even though we have had four doctors telling him that it is too risky and he could be in worse condition than he is now or lose him on the operating table. I told him that I do not want to go to another doctor. 
   Tears fall in private except when I get terribly mad and then I cry. 
   My grandson is taking me on a road trip again this year next month. He is making plans on what we are doing. They couldn't get a cabin like we had last year so we are staying in a condo. As it stands right now, I think my daughter and her family are going to go also. It should be fun to have the family together. 
   We were all together last weekend and had supper cooked over the fire in a dutch oven. It is called a harvest meal and is so good. My daughter in law made her version of apple turnovers. She took crescent rolls, 
put brown sugar over them. Then rolled a slice of apple in each one sprinkling them with cinnamon than  baking them in the oven. They went really fast.  

  I thought I would show you some of my handiwork. I really must close for now. Take care my friends.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Shirley, that trip sounds like just the thing you need! I love how your grandson loves you!! I hope mine turn out like yours!! You must be a lot of fun!
I'm sorry to hear about your husband. It's hard to watch a loved one lose ground that will never be retaken.

Blondie's Journal said...

What a blessing to have your eyes taken to a new and better place...you can continue with your much loved needle work. I'm also so grateful as I'm sure you are, that you have family to keep you loved and happy. Such a blessing. You give so much to your dear husband and you need happiness and a feeling of being cared for as well.

Love to you, my friend

Jane

Charlotte said...

So glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your health concerns. It sucks getting old, doesn't it? Love your embroidery work. Keep those hands busy. Have a great family vacation. You deserve it!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hello friend!!
Sometimes you just want to lock yourself in a room and let the rest of the world go by for a day of quiet. Glad you got your eyes fixed. I'm facing cataract surgery soon. Everyone says it's a breeze, but it scares me. Blood pressure is a scare for me with Terry. Some days his is too low and then it will shoot up too high. Mostly it's ok, but those spikey days are scary as he has had a couple of mini strokes. It's so hard to deal with health issues when doctors can't fix whatever is wrong. I'm sure it angers your husband.

Glad you are going to get away for a bit. Should be a fun time for you AND your family.
Much Love,
Carol

BTW, It was good to hear from you.

Mereknits said...

Bless your heart Shirley, I hope your appointments goes well. You need to take good acar of yourself.
Meredith

Gert said...

Oh Shirley, I'm so sorry you are struggling so much through this journey called life. I know how hard ute us to watch a loved one deteriorate right in front of us, in a nursing home. Yes, one does have to shed tears at home alone. But there is always hope for a better tomorrow, and how blessed you are to have such a wonderful family to love you and hold you close in their lives. And u know that's because of you and your husband that you have such a loving and caring family.

Your handiwork is beautiful! You are so gifted.

Blessings
Gert

Summer said...

All the best with your health♥Hugs♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com