Tuesday, November 20, 2018

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

     The year is going so fast and I would like it to stay a little longer instead of going so fast it is almost like a blink of the eye. 
    I know that it has been a while since I have been here. It has been a trying time for me with losing my hubby in March, adjusting to apartment living, and continuing to rehab my leg. I have come quite a ways since the 17th of August, 2017 when I started putting weight on my leg to walk without a cane or anything. I even took a trip with my family to Branson, Missouri. I walked at Silver Dollar City and made it up the hills. I didn't walk the biggest and steepest hills, but what I did I did it.  
   Another first for me will be having a Christmas Tree for the first time in a long time. Decorating my apartment will be another first because I don't usually do that. 
    I did a craft show which I haven't done in over a year and have another one scheduled for the 1st of December so the fingers have been busy working on things for it. I let my inventory go down because for a while I didn't feel like doing anything. Then I made up my mind that I was going to start doing things because nobody would do them for me. I still have my crying spells while I grieve, but I know he would want me to do some of the things that I like to do. 
    I am still involved as much as possible with my grandsons who are taller than me. My youngest who is 13 stands 5'8" inches tall. He is probably going to be the tallest of all three boys. Both the younger two enjoy music and play in the band. One plays drums and precussion instruments and the other plays the tuba and trumpet. I am looking forward to going to their music concerts. 
     Thanksgiving will be spent with family. We will get together then on Saturday evening with all of the family. Thanksgiving day we will be missing my daughter and her family. She is spending the day with her in-laws.  We aren't having the traditional turkey and ham for Thanksgiving. My son is smoking a brisket and I don't know what else is on the menu.
    I have been looking for a cookbook for one or at least two people where I could cut the recipe in half for one person.   
     If you travel, please be safe on the highway. If you can't be with love ones give them a phone call if possible. Take care. Hugs and Prayers. 

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Morning! It's so nice to hear that you are doing well and staying occupied. I have always said that our "hobby" interests will get us through the tough times. I see it everyday in my own family. Some of them are just shrinking away from life. I hope your sales are good for the sale. I know your family will keep you close.
Best wishes and prayers.
xx, Carol

Vickie said...

So nice to hear from you Shirley. God bless you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Quinn said...

I agree about time going by so fast! I'm catching up on blogs today because it is raining and I can't do too much outdoors - still racing to get things done before we get so much snow things have to wait til Spring.
On the cookbook for 1 or 2, I had one someone gave me, but it wasn't very good - nothing that really even needed a recipe, just sandwiches and such! But I've found over the years that what works best for me is making a large amount of something - a pot of soup, or a whole pan of roasted vegetables and meat, etc. - and then freezing 2 or 3 servings in Pyrex containers. I eat a LOT healthier when I can take something homemade out of the freezer. I am often too tired to want to cook, but reheating is a snap!
Best wishes for a peaceful and joyous holiday season to you and yours, Shirley :)

Charlotte Johnson said...

I'm Charlotte Johnson,65  years old, Here in Alberta, Canada. With the new herbal mix medicine, I purchased from Dr. James herbal mix medicine West Africa was my only way to get rid of my Alzheimer's, the herbal mix medicine effectively reversed my condition and alleviated all symptoms.  I was initially very hesitant to discuss my Alzheimer but I just hope it can still help someone. I feel this will be very important information for all Alzheimer's patients because the most violent element in society today is ignorance. Be it any condition, a healthy diet and natural herbs and roots medicine from Dr. James is the road to fast recovery. I had suffered from Alzheimer's for many years, I fought for proper medical recommendation, care, and all forms of humane treatment with little improvement. I went through many sleepless nights and periods of intense grief, as do most families. I was recommended by a friend to use Dr. James herbal mix medicine for my Alzheimer's with high hope and assurance. I never doubted my friend but to contact Dr. James. And purchased His herbal mix medicine which was effective and I finally feel my Alzheimer's is gone with no more symptoms. He also told me that he got cures for diseases such as  Lungs diseases, kidney diseases, Warts, Bipolar disorder, Shingles,  HPV, ALS, CANCER, NEPHROTIC SYNDROME, HIV / AIDS, Herpes virus, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Backache, dementia, skin cancer, testicular cancer, Leukemia, HEPATITIS A, B, C, Contact  the great one on his email     DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM   With Dr. James herbal medications for Alzheimer's, trust there is a permanent cure to Alzheimer's and you will testify just like me thank you all.