Saturday, February 2, 2019

Welcome February

    Today has been a little trying as it is my hubby's birthday. It will be a year next month since he has passed away. It has been a period of adjustment with the car accident and rehabbing my leg, moving into an apartment and living on my own I like being able to do what I want when I want.
     I am not living in a senior retirement apartment. They are to expensive and above my budget. I have a one bedroom apartment with all of my utilities paid as part of my rent. You don't really know your neighbors and it is a wide age difference that live here. We have college age to seniors. 
    My apartment is on the first floor which I am thankful for if the electricity goes off. Some are polite and friendly others not so much.
   I don't know about you but we have had some bitter cold weather. I still haven't got use to electric heat. My home had gas heat. 
    I still have been working on my embroidery work. It keeps my hands busy and gives me other things to think about. I was able to do two craft fairs this past year for which I am thankful for being able to do it. You never know what tomorrow will bring. You need to be thankful for each day that you are given and enjoy every moment that you can. 
   Spring can't be to soon for me. I want to be able to walk outside and open my window for fresh air. That was one thing I made sure I had for me when I was looking at apartments. I have officially been here for a year now. It has been a very fast year. I am looking forward to spending time with my family. I included two of my latest tea towels.  Have a great day.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

God bless you Shirley. I am sorry you are having a tough time and I understand that of course. You are in my prayers. I love seeing your cross stitch. Take care my friend. Warm weather is coming!!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Shirley. Glad to see your post. We have lived in our home since '76. It is our first with electric heat which I absolutely hate. You NEVER get used to it. I run a vaporizer to try to keep moisture in the air. I think I'll get a humidifier before next winter. I'm just not sure where I could centrally put it. Glad you are keeping busy. That's important. I'm sure your kids never let you forget how much they love you.
xx, Carol

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hi sweet friend. Sending you a hug for your heart. You sure have been through a lot this past year.
Electric heat is never as warm. I've been in the South my whole life with electric heat. It may say 70, but it feels like 50. LOL!!
Love to you,
shell

Susie said...

Hi Shirley, Sending hugs to you. I know you miss your husband. You were always there for him. I am glad you have some family near. I am not sure I would like total electric living. With gas, if the power goes out, you can at least have a cup of tea or coffee. I love you cute towels. You are so good at embroidering. I like opening window to air out my house too. I am so ready for spring...or some dry sunny days. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Rämmengården said...

Hugs to you. You sound like you have had a Hard time. I lost a son and my home in a fire 6 years ago. I miss my son so much. I like to read and knitting and so on just to stop thinking and missing him so much. Hope you have a good week hugs from Nina

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.