Saturday, June 6, 2020

Checkin In

       I can't believe my oldest grandson is turning 21. It seems like yesterday that he was riding his first horse "Charlie" and going with him when he was learning to drive. It makes you wonder where those 21 years have gone. I can remember when he was little and I was trying to teach him how to embroidery. He would pull the thread out of the needle and just laugh. He went with me to craft shows taking his animal puzzles and boxes made out of different kinds of woods. He tried to sell more than grandma. Oh those precious memories. 
     He has ordered a strawberry cheese cake and mac and cheese so far for the family party. I don't know what else they will have. It will be the first family get together since Covid 19 started. I am looking forward to having the day with all of my kids and grandsons.. 
     I am wondering when all of the rioting, looting, and destroying people's property is going to stop. Why are they so determine to destroy everything? Going into cities that they don't even live in and small communities where people get along. I don't know what our world is coming to today. 
    My fingers are kept busy. I mailed a custom order to Maryland this week and working on my next project. My hands have to stay busy because I don't want them to get stiff.  We have a heat advisory out for today, I haven't done my own shopping  Covid 19 started. My daughter has done it for me.  
    We  had two very stormy nights and the first caused damage with trees down, roofs torn off buildings even on an apartment building which I am thankful that I didn't live there. We did have some tree damage in our parking lot at my apartment building. We had rows of trees separating the rows for parking. One car had a tree on top of it. I don't know how much damage it had. It took and moved Hot Rods shed  180 degree turn turning it up side down and landing about 20 feet from where it originally was. That was the only damage at my son's house and Hot Rod was fine. They are trying to say it was straight wind, but it wasn't because the trees were twisted off and you had the sounds of the train. A lot of people lost lights, but I was lucky and mine wasn't off that long. A lot of lines were down with the trees. A good friend of ours had a tree fall on the house going through the roof into her daughter's bedroom. I am thankful that everybody was alright. 
    Month of June there is suppose to be a horse show every weekend, but so far today's was cancelled because the ground in the arena was to wet. It is kinda like last year because the first two shows was cancelled because of  the rain causing the arena to be to wet. My grandson's equine tour to Kentucky was cancelled because of covid 19. A disappointed boy because he was looking forward to it. He had been working goat sales, throwing hay bales to earn money toward the trips that he wants to take. Last year he got to go clear to Canada with stops along the way.
    He has his learner's permit for driving, but he won't be 16 until October.  I will have a freshman and sophomore in high school this fall. It doesn't seem to like they should be that old. Enough of this and that. Have a great day and stay safe.
    

7 comments:

Susie said...

Shirley, I see your grandsons are growing up. I have one who just got his 1st apartment. He will be 21 next month. I too wonder where that time went. Time can be so cruel....goes by way too quickly the older we get. I know you have great memories of those boys. We recall good times when ours were small and they laugh about it all. Some times thinking back on those times can make me cry. I bet you have those days too. Hug them all while as long as they let you.Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

Vickie said...

Oh your grandson's party sounds perfect! My birthday party is tomorrow at my Mom's. We will be outside. Our first party with COVID also. Stay well Shirley.

Terra said...

I like your family's connections to horses. Time passes so quickly once I reached the age of senior citizen. Enjoy the birthday celebration.

Charlotte said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Hope this crazy world settles down soon!

NanaDiana said...

I hear you,Shirley. I remember following along on your blog when the kids were younger and you and your hubby would both attend their horse shows. It is hard to see them grow up and move on but that is the order of life.
I keep busy, too. I think it is what we are supposed to do-do what we can-while we can..because the day will come when we can't do as much.
I am glad you are able to get together for a family birthday party. That is wonderful and it will be good for you to be connected to your loved ones.
Have a blessed Sunday-xo Diana

Mereknits said...

Those storms sound very scary. Glad no one was hurt and there was little damage. Stay safe my friend, enjoy your family time and stay busy, it helps during these tough times.

R's Rue said...

Happy birthday to your grandson. Beautiful photo.