Thursday, August 6, 2020

Catching Up

            My grandson Matt and his horse Don't Scratch my Hot Rod at the state 4 h horse show. He came home with a 5th, 8th, 10th and missed another 10th by 1 point. The smallest class was 21 horses and the largest was 37 in his age group. It was a good show and  needless to say we were very proud of him. I enjoyed watching the group below showing their horses. Everybody in the group came home with at least 1 ribbon. Their coach Rose is in the blue shirt. She was so happy with her group that she has trained.
    We were concerned because of all of the rain that we had before we went if we would run into high water, but we were lucky going home. It was coming home that we were wondering about. They had closed the highway that we came down on Friday because of flood water. It was back opened when we came home on Sunday, but we had more rain while we were gone and as we were coming home. I saw my first triple rainbow as my grandson was bringing me home from their house.
    It was cool enough that you wore jackets and the kids even had to put on slickers to keep their outfits and saddles dry. One practice arena had standing water which was an exception to the rule. We all had fun that was the main thing.
   I hope that everyone is staying healthy during these trying times. I am so tired of news because you don't know who to believe or what to believe anymore. I will be glad when the election is over with than maybe we can get a bit back to somewhat normal whatever that is. I am doing well and staying healthy wearing a mask where required to shop.
  My fingers have been staying busy working on some new projects which I hope to have done before to much longer. I just feel sorry for the kids as to how they are going to go to school. My grandsons will be doing in school so that they can still do the extra activities neither liked what they made them do the last quarter of the last year when we were all quarantined. That was hard on everybody.
  Well I will try to be a little better at posting. Take care stay healthy and safe/

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice to see your post. We moved to California and have already had one fire scare and are in the middle of another. So far it is going to the east of us but it is unsettling to see smoke over the mountains.

I worry about our kids and school. I worry this generation will not be nearly as knowledgeable as we will need them to be.
xx, Carol

Mereknits said...

Congrats to your grandson, you must be so proud of him. Glad you got to enjoy the show. Stay safe.

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
OneOldGoat said...

I enjoyed reading your post! My kids used to be involved in 4-H - showing cows - when they were little. Isn't it a blast to go and watch? Congratulations to your grandson! With all our fairs cancelled as well as the horse shows, I really feel for our youth.

I'm sorry that I didn't respond to your comments on my blog - I just noticed that I had pending comments today! Some as far back to 2019!

I'm also tired of listening to the news. I more enjoy catching up with my blogger friends! Thank you for reading my blog and I love that you are from Missouri! I'm re-reading several of Fannie Flagg's books that are based in Missouri :)
Have a wonderful Thursday! Beth - One Old Goat