Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crazy Weather


We have had crazy weather today. We hit the 90 degree mark with the heat index over 100 degrees. The temperature dropped over 15 degrees with the first round of storms moving through. We just had heavy rain, hail, lightening,and strong winds, but we are still under a tornado watch until 10 P.M. We will have another go around later.
It was pouring down rain as I was leaving work. I felt like I just stepped out of the shower. I normally have a towel in the car, but it wasn't there today when I needed it most. I will make sure there is one in the back seat for future use. You ever tried drying off a little with paper napkins. That was all that I had.
We had a very busy weekend starting on Friday with a trip to the doctors office. Everything went well except hubby's platelets and white count has dropped. If it has dropped more when we go back, then we will start worrying and address the issue. The best part of the day was coming home and having an e-mail from Canada wanting to buy two of my tea towels. I ship free in the United States, but outside I charge postage. She like the last two that I had listed.
Saturday was my 50Th class reunion. The reunion was held out in the country at a restaurant called Country Bistro's. It was really nice using a country theme with farmland all around them. They had a real nice patio and courtyard I guess you would call it. We took the pictures outside, but ate inside. Their business is more into the catering and renting out their building for weddings, family reunions, business meetings, and etc. I got to see people that I hadn't seen since we graduated from school. We had so much fun looking at old year books and talking about the old times, our families, and grandchildren. We were lucky because our school was located on the college campus, so we got to use the college facilities. We got to do things such as swimming, learning to shoot a M-16, playing golf, archery, just to name a few.
They came home from all over the United States for this one. In the fall we will have a reunion for the whole school that is at the same time as the college has their homecoming. They will be honoring our class so hopefully we have a lot that make it back.
Sunday we went to our son and daughter-in-laws for our grandson's 10Th birthday party. He
wanted an ice cream cake. I played ball with the boys in the afternoon. We used a plastic bat and Whipple ball which couldn't go very far. It was fun and a surprise to the boys.
Today at work we lost out power for over two hours because a tree fell on a main line. It wasn't just us, but some of the out lying areas. They couldn't bring us back to fast or they would over load the circuit.
It is starting to lightening again so I better shut down my computer. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Shirley, great to hear from you :) I can't imagine going to a 50th class reunion, must be great though. I went to school in England so no chance of that for me now LOL

Unknown said...

Boo to the weather!! Hp;e John is doing better. Sounds like you've been having fun tho.
My 30th HS reunion is coming up sometime. Can't beleive it's been that long. I'm amazed at all the kids of my friends graduating this year!! They just keep getting older...we stay the same...quiet..don't say a word..you'll fog up my rosy glasses.