Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. It is a time for eating way to much and wishing that you hadn't afterwards. Ours will be a quiet Thanksgiving with all of our children going different directions. It has come a time in lives where choices need to be made instead of trying to do two to three places in one day. The boys are getting older and they have things that they want to do instead of traveling.
This past weekend we celebrated my brother's 80Th birthday. He is the oldest of ten of us. Being our parents are deceased, he has kinda appointed himself head of the family which is fine. He had triple bi-pass surgery earlier this year which has given him a new look on life. To look at him you would not believe he is that old. All of his children, grand children, and great grandchildren were there. Some I hadn't seen for quite a while. It was a fun afternoon which the time went by way to fast. We came home in the sleet and rain. The wind was blowing and really made it cold.
Monday started off with sleet, rain, and then snow. The snow hasn't lasted long, but it has been very cold and damp. It makes the bones hurt. I already have made arrangements for my snow removal this year. I don't have to call him, he just puts me on the list of his snow removal customers. I really appreciate not having to worry about it. It is funny what we don't want to be bothered with as we get older. I know I keep getting told you are only as old as you feel. I want to wish everyone who visits a Happy Thanksgiving. I must get back to my embroidery for it has to be done by the weekend.

2 comments:

deb said...

Sounds like you will have a quiet, peaceful Thanksgiving this year. Are you going out for dinner or cooking a small one? I have to agree, duties we once did automaticly, we don't want to be bothered with. I know for me I want to do what I want to do and nothing else! LOL I guess I have gotten either selfish or lazy...or maybe unconsciencely priorities have shifted. Whatever the case, I sure wish I could hire a housekeeper!!! LOL
Keep warm!
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

Are you gonna cook for the two of you or going out to eat? Jim's lookin for a cheap snow plow for his Jeep so we'll be able to plow our road, It's a 350' driveway, this year. When it snows we have to walk out the acre to get to our cars up at Mom and Dad's. Been doin that for 16 years now..I'm gettin tooooo old or my leg is. Speakin of feelin old....getting ready for this next show Sat., cleanin and redecorating for Christmas at the flower shop, and going online with a new website and blog for the shop....I'm about 82 1/2. Hey stop by Sharonville Hometown Florist and see the new site and check out the blog. Mom and I did it all ourself!! I know we are as surprised as anyone we just pointed and clicked our way thru. We need to start getting our Christmas stuff loaded on the pages..thats for next week. Well, I better get to finishing up some things for this weekend. Talk to ya later!
......Friends stitched together by embroidery threads......