Monday, May 31, 2010

Special Moment

I had an e-mail tonight that my coffee grinder tea towel is in Morning has Broken treasury on etsy. I was going to post a picture, but I couldn't find it in my album. Why when you are in a hurry, you can never find what you are looking for. It has been a busy weekend which was just as well because it keeps the mind on other things.
Sunday we went to Ashland, Nebraska to the Strategic Air Command Museum with our son. He did all the driving so I got to set back and look at the scenery. The planes that were used to fight the wars were something to look at. Some of the displays brought back memories of the family that served in the arm forces. I have brothers that do not talk their time in Viet Nam. Even my own son does not talk about the first Desert Storm War. I just know that he has a scar on his leg that he won't tell us how he got it.
You just pray a lot that God will take care of the men and women who are serving today to keep us having our freedom that so many would like to take away from us.
We came through a storm coming home that you could not see where you were really gone. You turned on the flashers and lights so that people could see you because you were afraid to stop for fear someone would hit you because you couldn't really see the edge of the road. I was glad that I wasn't driving, but it did make me very nervous. We had rain and lightening after we got home, but nothing like what we drove through.
I hope every body has a good week.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice trip ..... Sometimes some things are best left unasked!!
Stop by my blog for my Summer GiveAway!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

The French Bear said...

How fabulous Shirley!! I will have to see if I can find it on Etsy. Sounds like you had a nice trip...that is always nice when you can sit back and enjoy the scenery!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Congratulations, Shirley! Sounds like you had a great trip, too. xoxo Donna

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hi Shirley...I know exactly what you mean about not finding things when you're in a hurry! I'm glad you got home safely ..that storm sounds like it was a bad one. It must be terribly hard to know your loved one has been through something physically and emotionally difficult and not be able to help or to be able to talk about it. I guess all you can do is to be there for them when they're ready to talk and trust that God is helping them through it. The museum sounds like an interesting place to visit. I hope you have a wonderful day today....Maura

Lynn said...

Hi Shirley, trying to catch up again, but I may not be around much till after the move now.
I so enjoyed seeing your grandson at his graduation, isn't it just the cutest thing to see them all dressed like that?
Congratulations about the treasury, I don't get on Etsy much lately, I used to love doing Treasuries remember?
Sounds like you had a nice day trip, and a nice change for someone else to drive you, take care, see you soon :)
Lynn

Unknown said...

Congrats Shirley! How exciting to be included in a treasury. Mom and Dad are ok. We're back open at the shop and they're out deliverin, but they get so tired. I hope the meds work for you. Sayin a prayer for your tests too. Sound like you had a nice little trip. We had a pop up storm last evening...lightening, 40-60 mile an hr winds, had 2 dear standing near my porch..lol...thought for sure they'd be up on the porch under the roof to keep dry, but they seemed to like the water.
Hope you have a nice rest of the week and weekend!

Char said...

Oh Shirley, it sounds as tho you had such a nice time on your trip. It's a shame about the weather when you were returning, but you made it safe and sound. Thank goodness for that. I think it's great when something of yours gets picked for a treasury. I am sorry you were not able to see it. I bet that it was pretty. I love going to see the planes of yesterday. There is a lot of history and it takes you back and makes you realize what our brave men and women had to go through. Be well sweet one and thankyou so much for all your kind words. I am grateful to call you a friend, Char

deb said...

Isn't is grand when someone else drives!!! It makes the trip so much more relaxing...except for your trip home. Yikes!

Congrats on making it into a treasury! Very well deserved :)
Have a great weekend!
*hugs*deb