Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Pretty Tuesday

I thought this was a neat old truck. They thought at work it was either a model A or model T. They weren't for sure. We were just out for our drive when we saw it and I took a picture.
I thought I would show you a couple of my tea towels. My pictures aren't doing them justice that is for sure. I sold a tea towel at my antique mall which it has taken just about the time element I thought it would. It is rather hard because you are competing against so many that has been bought at an estate sale or auction. I thought about making me a sign to say all items are hand embroidered by Shirleystitches. I need to do something to let them know that I do them myself.

The spots are done so that you can run your fingers over them and they feel like they are raised up. I just thought they were cute. The tea towel is a little different with the stripes and a solid corner in each of the four corners. It just shows you some of the things that I have been doing lately.










The doll was done by my niece's aunt. I thought she was really neat. She does some real neat things and I just thought I would show you one. She looks darling in their bridal gown.
We have been having some beautiful weather. It has been cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon. The leaves are starting to turn.
This weekend is our college's homecoming. I don't know if we will go and watch or not. The kids all graduated from there. I know that we have been selling some lumber to kids building floats for the weekend.
Hope you all have a beautiful day.





4 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Sweet Shirley!

Thank you so much for the Birthday Wishes!

I should be working right now but had to stop by and say hi! I am getting ready for a huge show next weekend so I will be back around to visit after then :)

Love,
LuLu♥

deb said...

Your towels are so cute!! Congrats on your sale, wishing many more to come.

Neat old car too!

*hugs*deb

Janean said...

the vintage-inspired tea towels are too fab!!!!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey your towels are really pretty. I would think you would not have any trouble selling them.
If I ever get back to work I will have to start shopping again. lol
Your fall picture in an earlier post is beautiful.
These months are flying by aren't they.
I have been wanting to see some fall foilage and visit Vermont one of these years...I guess I will keep dreaming
Hope your doing well
Love
Maggie