Friday, October 8, 2010

The Weekend

The weekend is suppose to be a beautiful one for being outside in the fresh air. Cool in the morning and warm up nicely in the afternoon. A true fall day and being Homecoming.
I would much sooner go look at the fall color after I see if I get my blood pressure medicine back that we know how it reacts. What the insurance company required you to try was stupid. I told my doctor if we are going to try new medicine I only wanted it 30 days at a time instead of the ninety day.
I am to work on that and forget the other issues for the time being so we shall see.
We went to see our older two grandsons last night. We hadn't seen them for a while. My Matt had to tell us how he caught grandpa mule with the corn bucket. He let him stick his head in the bucket without reaching the corn. He walked backwards through the gate and a circle until he got back to the gate. He quickly got through the gate shutting it after himself. It was so cute how he told us. I can really see a difference in him since he started to Kindergarten. They both have to go to bed early because they catch the bus before 7 o"clock.
Jacob was showing us the Christmas ornaments that he cut out. I asked him if he was going to sell some of them and all I have gotten is a long drawn out Maybe. I told him I would take some to the craft show and put it in my booth. I will just have to wait and see.
My youngest one was going to the pumpkin fest. They had 10 rows of pumpkins that were carved and going to have a lighting ceremony. They will have the parade tomorrow for the kids in their costumes.
This month is absolutely flying and I don't know where it is going. We will celebrate our 47Th anniversary the 19Th of this month. When we celebrated our 40Th, we didn't think the way things were going with hubby's health we would make it this far. We did a lot of gambling with new meds and had a lot of people praying for him to help us get this far. Of course, thanks to our doctor, who has been there with us from day one when he was so sick in and out of the hospital every month. Very Very stressful. We just take every day we are given and enjoy our tootling as I call it. It is the most fun because we have no particular destination in mind when we take off. We just pick the direction. Tomorrow I think we will go see the River Bluffs toward the South because they should be getting quite a little color.
Well it is getting late so I better close for today. Have a great weekend and I hope you have beautiful weather where ever you are.

7 comments:

fannipauline said...

Hi Shirley - I just pray you have a wonderful and fun weekend - that you just go where the car leads and make the most of the day. It is hard living a day at a time - but it is also very wonderful because you make the most of each and every one of them. My prayers will go with you and I pray for you often as I think of you.......Hugs..Pauline

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shirley:
What a sweet story about your kindergartner coaxing the mule. What a smart little man!

Congratulations on your 47th (a bit early, I know). Wishing you many, many more, my friend.
Hugs from Florida,
Donna
xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubbie! Enjoy your beautiful weather, we are having it also.
Have a great drive.
KarenSue

Char said...

Happy Anniversary and you have the right idea. You are enjoying life each day as it comes. Thinking and saying a prayer for you. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

The French Bear said...

Shirley, hang in there with those meds, it will get better!!! I am so happy you will be having a 47th Anniversary to celebrate!!! I know how busy we all are but it is so nice to hear that you still see the grandkids and spend time with each other!!! I hope your booth is doing well and I love to visit your blog!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Lynn said...

Hi Shirley,
It is a beautiful weekend here to for our Canadian Thanksgiving, perfect fall weather.
Your anniversary is almost here, wow, that is just so special that you have been married so long and still happy together. It's much more than being married, it's about friendship toward each other too, congratulations to you both :)

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley! I have missed hearing from ya so much amd I have missed stopping by. I have no Idea where the month has gone either. I'm glad you all are doing so well and that the Fall has been beautiful. I just got to go into a few past posts...the tea towels are cute as always...that doll is so pretty.
Hope your HP meds are ok. Jim's Co. changed ins and forgot to send in paperwork for RX cards. They wanted almost 200 for 30 days of pills. Out=of=pocket. He's paying 50 more for this ins than what we had and didn't think it was fair to have to pay that much cause of their mistake. Our Doc gave rx for the 2 generic that make up the med....it turned out the $60 ins copay med is $25 with no ins. I think we'll be buying him HP med without Ins card..it's much cheaper.
My legs have been givin me a fit..I feel again and it get's hard to get around..they keep cramping, but I have so much to do. The last craft show went ok and I have one in Nov and Dec..Homecomings and holidays and fall balls are coming up at the flower shop...I'm havin a hard time keepin everything up this year.
I'm so sorry I haven't stopped by lately. I better be goin. I have to add some trim to tablerunners I'm working on to go with centerpieces as a set at the shop.
I'l type ya later,
Melody