Friday, April 8, 2011

Finally Home

It has been a very long day with doctor appointments, making more, stopping at the pharmacy with prescriptions to be filled. We left home at 6:45 A. M. this morning and got home at 7:15 P.M. this evening. We did stop and have a late lunch or early supper, I don't know which you prefer to call it. We will go back to see another of the doctors the 26th of this month.
I am still no closer to understanding his latest problem. Just how much more of a problem it is causing the liver. I just know the antibodic and the lactulose is causing a problem with the blood sugar. We may not stay on it that long because of the high dollar and I do mean high dollar. I think they think it is worth its weight in gold.
Our primary doctor helped us to pick out the most essential meds that is needed and what we could do without if necessary, but it is my final decision because I am the one who knows exactly how much we can afford. I love him because I am old enough to be his mother. He has been with us all through John's illness. If I could only sell some more tea towels, but who knows.
Vacation is put on hold at the present time. We will see what October brings.
Soccer tomorrow if it doesn't rain. It is so much fun watching the kids play. They are kindergarten and first grade. You definitely don't know what they are going to do.
I am splurging on a hair cut tomorrow, it will be a day of running and Sunday I hope will be a day of peace and quiet. The stay at home kind of a day. The storms are still to the south of us with the possibilites of bad weather tomorrow and Sunday. Our plans may change. I hope you enjoy your weekend.
I saw trees in bloom that kinda of reminded me of the ones in my post. Take Care.


Blondie's Journal said...


I really do hope and pray that the meds you were able to get help your husband, for his sake and your budget. It is outrageous what drug companies are charging.

And I truly hope you get some rest this weekend. We are supposed to see the temperatures climb, but I don't know if we will still have the rain and gloom along with that.

Stay positive, my friend!


LuLu Kellogg said...

I am finally starting to get over my pneumonia so I am trying to catch up on Blog visits!

I hope the medications will help. It makes me so mad at what these drug companies charge for medications.

We still have not seen the sun in forever here and it's gloomy, rainy and cold. I need some Spring!

Sending Love,

Charlotte said...

What a beautiful blog! I hope everything goes well for your husband. My mother (82) loves to embroider and I try to keep her busy :-) New follower.

Cinderella Moments said...

I hope you don't take this the wrong way...but my little dog also has major liver problems. A liver is a liver right? She's also on lactulose. I get hers from Canada. She's also on something called Denosyl. For humans it's SAMe. That has done wonders for her! She was at deaths door literally. I give her this Denosyl everyday and she has made a complete turn around. It helps give her liver the support it needs. I just thought I'd mention it in case you want to check into it.
I know what you mean about how expensive this all is! Sometimes I feel guilty about spending so much money on a tiny dog when people are having such a hard time out there. But then I look at what a happy and sweet little dog she is and I just know this is something I have to do. I figure God sent her to me because I can take care of her.
I can't imagine having to visit doctor's all day long. These places are so draining. I hope you schedule something to lift both of your spirits back up. Hugs!

Dragonfly Treasure said...

I sure hope the meds will work. They can be so expensive, just ridiculous. It's such an emotional roller coaster and so draining being at the drs all the time. Wishing you much needed rest and better days ahead.
Hang in there.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi, Shirley, Down There In Missouri!
Medicines are so darn high! Hubby has to take Boniva and it just keeps going up every few months. We take allergy meds, three a day and for me twice a day and they are not cheap either. I had to not take a nasal spray that for the two us, two bottles, was $131.00. Ridiculous!
Have you looked in Astra Zenica? I may have spelled it wrong, but when you start to type it into the search engine, it give you the right spelling. There are a couple other places that help you, too.
I hope they will get everything figured out for your husband. I know all this is hard on both of you!
There is one teeny patch of snow left at our neighbors. It is where the sun never gets to it. Yesterday was 74 degrees....we got rain in the night and the temps today will be a tad cooler, in the 60's. I hope you do not get any of these severe storms that are going through the midwest....

Sending prayers and hugs,

LadyV said...

Hi Shirley, I'm sending good thoughts and blessings your way. I can certainly relate to spending the day visiting doctors. Hubby had shoulder surgery and sinus surgery in the last two months. He's still dealing with some of the same issues with his sinuses as he did before surgery. We just keep trying different meds.

I hope things improve and I hope you had that quiet Sunday that's so deserved.

your friend in Maryland :-)