Monday, April 11, 2011

Frustration

Today has been a day of frustration almost from the time I got up this morning. Have you had days when no matter what you try it was wrong?? That was my day.
We were suppose to have one come back to work or at least wanted to, but I guess the doctor hadn"t release him because he didn't show up for work. One of the others had to take family to the airport so it was definitely a day of short crew for quite a while.
I was trying to get the 10th of the months bills paid, which was a struggle with having my computer upstairs and being downstairs to help while they were all outside.
The icing on the cake was when I went to the pharmacy after work to pick up John's med to find out we have another one the insurance company won't approve. They want us to use lactulose which is like drinking syrup. It will send his blood sugar up which we are already having problems with at the present time.Why can't they just let us have what the doctor prescribed? I keep thinking I want to call the insurance company and ask them just what meds are they going to let him have without making us try all of this other stuff. We know what works and what doesn't. That is enough complaining for one evening.  We did have a good weekend. I fit in haircuts for the both of us. After that, we went to watch Matt play soccer again. His team won again this weekend. He plays in front of the goalie and gets so involved that he wants to be in the middle of the action. They have to get him backto play his position. That age is so much fun. Next week should be fun because he is playing against his cousin's team.
 Jake is starting his riding lessons again. I don't  know if he is going to ride Charley or Cleo. He wants to show Cleo this summer. I don't know if dad is going to let him or not. I don't know who they really got Cleo for. We will go watch them ride regardless of which horse. They have been riding in the evening. They just need one more horse then everybody would have one.
We went and visited with our daughter and family on Sunday afternoon. They are doing some remodeling and her husband had torn out the front door. They were putting in a new one. It definitely let you get fresh air through the house. Ethan had to show grandma how he was riding his two wheel scooter. He kept trying to push his boundaries as to how far he could go down the driveway. 
I will be anxious for them to get the remodeling done. They thought Easter, but it will take a little longer.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Enjoy the sunshine if you have it for me. We went from 81 degrees yesterday to 43 degrees. We didn't get the storms thankful for that. We are to get down to the 30's tonight. What happen to spring.
Take care.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Oh my goodness Shirely, I too have had days like that, but what a blessing family is...They make getting through it much easier, don't they?

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anonymous said...

The insurance game has become a "thrill-ride" & not a good one to many. I too was on that merry-go-round for awhile. I hope it straightens out for you.
We were warm yesterday too & today the furnace is back to chugging away!! Come on Summer ! !
Have a Wonderful Day!!
Marilyn