Monday, October 15, 2012

Catch Up

 It has been a rainy, windy weekend. I did get some extra on Saturday and Sunday. It seemed so strange to go shopping all by myself. It is one luxury that I don't normally have. 
Hubby has officially been at the nursing home for  a week and he was not a happy camper tonight. His roommate who makes three  times of him didn't think they should bring my hubby a recliner to sit in. They have been getting him up in the morning and leave him sitting in his wheel chair all day long.The only time he gets out of it is when he has physical therapy or goes to the bathroom.  It makes it harder for the roomy to get out of his bed because he is so big. If he would exercise, then just maybe he might lose some weight. I have never seen him have company. They take him his meals to the room, he is always watching tv and I haven't figured it out what his problem is. Physically he just looks big.Oh well, enough on him. I took hubby school pictures of his oldest  two grandsons. Their school pictures weren't that bad for a change. The oldest is now 5'6". He isn't putting on any weight just growing taller. Even little brother is getting taller. Do Your remember hunting for odd size jeans. Matt is in a 7 slim.  I remember the fun I had finding the sizes 7, 9, and  etc.
My grandson is getting ready for the craft show  that we do together each year. We always have fun and that is the main thing. I have been popping in and out  reading blogs just not enough hours to leave comments. I am in bed before 9:30, which is an exception to the rule. I am just tired emotionally, mentally with trying to get caught up at work, going to see him every evening for a while. I am just frustrated thats all.
I  have pictures coming of the last horse show of the season when it was so cold. They really dressed warm and some of the pictures were cute. I am even getting a picture of momma riding. That is the first time that I have seen her ride. They only took 214 pictures. 
I need to get back on my embroidery. I am working on Christmas. Have a great week. 

5 comments:

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley -- I am keeping both you and your husband in my prayers -- this must be so hard on you to be away from him. Please use this time to take extra special care of yourself too--

Vicki

Vickie said...

You and your husband are in my prayers Shirley.
I am still shopping for hard to find jeans for my two sons. Jacob needs 31x32 and Emerson wears 31x34. Ha! Not easy to find. I usually have to order them online.

Blondie's Journal said...

It must be so difficult to find the time to do anything for yourself, Shirley. I enjoy shopping alone, too, just letting my thoughts drift. And of course you should go to bed early, you have so much keeping you busy. I hope your husband improves and can get out of the nursing home...I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

XO,
Jane

The French Bear said...

I agree with Vicki, Shirley, please take care of yourself....I'll keep you in my prayers.
Miss you, think of you as I do my embroidery!!!
I hope I am back at blogging now for keeps, pinky swear!!
Take care my friend.
Hugs,
Mags
xxx

My Vintage Studio said...

Shirley,
I am sending prayers your way for your family.
Your needle work is so beautiful!
Please rest and take of yourself.
hugs, Sharon