Tuesday, October 9, 2012

This and Than

 It is amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it. I have quite a few projects that I need to get finished. Our first craft show will be coming up and I am trying to get ready for that along with making some new things for my etsy shop. I thought I would give you a sneak peak at a lap quilt I finished. It is one that I changed the colors. Sometimes I like them so much that it is hard to let them go. 
I kept busy while I was sitting at the hospital embroidering tea towels. It didn't take to long to do them with nothing else to do. I worked on whatever suited my fancy for the day. I had to keep my mind busy to help stay calm for my other half and give him love and support. He fractured the 1st and 4th vertebrae. The procedure cut down some of the pain, but not completely. It is something new. We ended up longer in the hospital then we were suppose to because of him running a temperature. . 
He is in the nursing home right at the moment and they have started physical therapy.  I had to go take care of paper work this afternoon and  I ate supper with him. We ate with a couple that I use to work with a lot of years ago. They have been married 60 years and both are in the nursing home. They are letting them share a room which I thought was only fitting. 
I talked with his physical therapist this afternoon when I took him up his sweats. She said that he was tired this afternoon when they took him back for some more. He only had his procedure done Friday and it will take time just don't know how much. We will just take it one day at a time. 
I hope he got situated this evening. I figure they will get to clean up a few accidents because they don't get to him quick enough when he has a bowel movement. If they give him pain medication, they will have problems because he will be a little disoriented  He can't move the way he wants which he doesn't like. He is use to being independent and now has to have help for a while. I tried to check my spelling, but if I missed a word please excuse me.
 
 Well I had better call it a day and get some rest. Have a good week .

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Shirley, I am praying for both of you. Your lap quilt is just beautiful.

Blondie's Journal said...

I am so glad that your husband is getting all the help he needs at the nursing home...it's a lot of work to do yourself. Physical therapy does wonders for people with all sorts of problems. I hope you are getting your rest, you have been through so many trials and tribulations. But you are a strong lady!

I love the quilt, and the tea towel is very sweet...when I see those handmade embroidered towels in old shops, I snap them up! ;-D

Take care, my friend!

XO,
Jane

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley -- bless your heart sweet friend -- I wish your husband the very best in his therapy at the nursing home. I know this is a very hard adjustment for you both right now.

You embroidery work is gorgeous -- I am thinkful that you have your love of stitching to help you through difficult times --

Love you
Vicki