Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in blog land. I have missed you all, but just haven't  had enough hours at the moment. I finished my last craft show this past Sunday for the year. I was embroidering a tea towel while I set there and I sold it before I even had it done. I will be probably delivering it this week.. I just have to keep the hands very busy right now to give me other things to think about other then what is going on with my other half. . 
All I have to do for Thanksgiving is just show up at my son and daughter-in-law's house for dinner. The kids feel like mom has enough on her plate at the present time and they are looking after me.  My son called from Louisiana tonight to check on mom. I told him he must have known I wanted to talk with him. He is my sounding board at times when I need another opinion. He has a four day weekend, but he isn't coming home. He says that it cost to much to fly home and he spent to much money while he was home. He was having polish sausage, with cabbage, carrots, turnips, onion, and potatoes cooked in his  crock pot for his Thanksgiving. It is good. He has fixed it a few times when he was staying with us. I don't think he is coming home for Christmas, but we will wait and see on that one. 
After eating with the kids, I will go up to the nursing home for a while. My daughter-in-law and I are going either Friday or Saturday to Jamesport. Missouri for the day. She is doing the driving and I am just riding. I don't know if the boys are going with us or staying with their dad. There is a craft show going on there besides doing the stores. I have a few places I want to go such as the grocery store, the fabric shop, and a couple of other places. The grocery store has old fashioned Christmas candy like we had when I was a child. I am going to go to the bakery with her too.  For one thing she is getting her chocolate to make the Christmas candy, you know the peanut clusters for one. 
I am looking forward to going. I don't know if I will spend that much money, but it will be something different. My daughter was going, but she needed to take care of some things at home. She wanted to start decorating for Christmas being she was home for an extra day. She drives over a hour one way to work every day so needless to say that doesn't leave much time to do things in the evening when she gets home. 
Taste of Home Cooking School is going to be here in our city. We were going, but I don't know about that  right now. You all have a great Thanksgiving. Take care
 

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- You have so much going on in your life right now. I am sure your are full of anxiety over your husband...and probably a bit scared. I am so glad you have kids to step in and help you out when you need it.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and know that you have a friend in WI that is thinking about you and praying for you- xo Diana

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley, You have really had a tough journey this year and I am so glad your children are taking care of you. I hope you enjoy your time in Jamesport. Sounds like you had a great craft show.
Keeping you and your hubby in continued prayers.
Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Wishing you a special Thanksgiving and blessings always. Enjoy and take good care my friend. You are a special lady and I count you among my blessings.

hugs, CM

Unknown said...

Hi sweet Shirley! Your plate is full. Hope hubby is coming along somewhat better. You are so lucky to have the kids to help you & support you.

Hope your Thanksgiving will be filled with many joys & blessings.

Thank you for your friendship, it is truly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving ~
TTFN ~
hugs,
Marydon

sweet violets said...

So relieved to hear your kids are stepping up to the plate!!! And glad to hear you are going on a shopping trip, its good to have a change of scenery and have some fun too!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and keeping you all in prayer....hugs...cleo

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

What a blessing that your kids are taking over and letting you just relax and enjoy the holiday after a very difficult year. Best wishes to you and yours!

Vickie said...

Prayers for you and husband Shirley. It will be so good with the family. God bless you and Happy Thanksgiving.

Debby said...

I was thinking of you last night and said a prayer for you. I hope you have a restful Thanksgiving tomorrow. Hope HUbby is getting better. Rest while you can.