Saturday, May 3, 2014

Roller Coaster Ride

         This week has been one roller coaster ride dealing with the nursing home and spending time at the ER with my daughter not knowing what was wrong. The ER's now days can't do some of the vital tests to tell you if you are having a heart attack. They don't  really tell you anything just  send you home with the instructions to see a heart doctor in 72 hours. You would think that they would try to find out why you are having chest pains. She was lucky to see the heart doctor in the same day. So far all of the tests that was done at the doctor's office came back negative for a heart attack, but god forbid they try to check that out at the hospital. Our new insurance is the pits. They want you to have home health care instead of doctor hospital care.They think just changing your life style will cure everything.  Hubby is still not feeling the best in the world, just doesn't feel like eating. You can tell that he wasn't feeling good just by looking at him. It was so pretty today that we went outside for a while. There was several outside so we all set around talking.
    The last time all of my brothers and sisters were together at my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. It was taken in 1979 so you can imagine all of our ages, but we always had a good time when we were together with all our our kids. We always lived on the farm moving a lot until my dad's mother told him that he had to get a farm of his own which my youngest brother still lives on. She past away in 1959 my senior year of high school. We would go spend the weekend with her. She lived in Iowa and she would always call the dime store telling them if we didn't have enough money just to put it on her bill and she would come up and take care of it. Mom and dad gave us money and she would too. Back in the 40's and 50's penny's bought an awful lot of candy. An Ice cream cone was an ice cream cone making ours today look small. You learn at an early age how to help feed chickens, milk cows, put up hay. You didn't bale it you put it up loose and we got to help pack it down in the hay loft. Shucked corn piling it on the ground until dad came with the team of horses and wagon. You ate what was fixed and you didn't get to be picky. The good ole days. 
  My youngest grandson has had two ballgames. The first they won 17-5 and the second 17-6. Last night he had a triple and two doubles, plus hitting foul balls over the fence. He told us he was sorry because they came over the fence where we were sitting. 
  State competition was awesome for my oldest so proud of their horse judging team getting 7th out of 47 teams. He is already thinking about next year. I am so glad that he enjoys school. My middle one is keeping a log to when he has dizzy spells and all, but it really doesn't slow him down. It makes us adjust to him so that he can hear us. They are all more computer smart then I am that is for sure. 
   The Apple Blossom parade was today with a lot of other things going on in town. The were having a BBQ cook off in town. You got to sample after the winners were announced. They had entertainment plus ball tournaments so you could have your choice as to what you wanted to do. 
   Enough rambling, I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Take care. 


NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry your daughter is having problems with chest pain. That is SOOO very scary. I am sorry, too, that your hubby is not doing well. Can they get him to drink Ensure or something so that he gets enough nutrients? It must be hard to see him not feeling well and not being able to do anything about it.

Sounds like the ball games were fun and your grand son did good- foul balls or not! And I know you are proud of your horseman, too. He did really well.

The Apple Blossom festival sounds like it was a good time for you. Hope you have a blessed Sunday- xo Diana

ps. Fun to see that old family picture, too!

Blondie's Journal said...


You are going through even more tying times and I just don't know how you do it...I am so sorry yet I know you have the strength to keep going. You have such a great family and warm memories that you share... I hope they carry you through.

I pray your daughter is okay and I agree...the care in E.R.'s has decreased over the years.

Sending many prayers as always my dear friend.


Quinn said...

I hope your daughter's symptoms are sorted out soon! That sounds scary.
I've been having a series of medical appointments in the past week, and every one has led to more appointments for tests. I thought of you and your husband! Now I have one of those 12-hour fast tests scheduled for next week, and an ultrasound the week after that. I keep telling myself I'm lucky they are scheduling all this at a hospital a half-hour away, so I don't have to drive over an hour into a bigger city.
Have a restful Sunday, Shirley!

Vickie said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better now? Do you still bring some foods from home for your husband now and then? I bet he would eat some of your cooking. :)

Mereknits said...

I will keep your daughter, husband and of course you in my prayers. Lots and lots to worry about, but you always see the positive too. The boys are getting so big and enjoying life so much. Have a great time today at all your festivities.

Charlotte Huffman said...

Boy, you really told he truth about our current health coverage situation! Hope your husband and daughter are doing well. I remember those "good ole days" too although we didn't know how good we had it at the time, did we? My youngest grandson is playing ball too and they are having a little problem scoring also. Hope you and yours have a great week.

Beth said...

Shirley I am hoping that things begin to get better for your husband and that your daughter can find out what is wrong with her.

Congrats to your grandson on his hits at the ball games!

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley-- I'm sending prayers for your daughter- I hope all her tests come out well for her. I'm sorry your husband is not feeling well- I know this continues to be such an emotional upheaval for you - always sending you much love and prayers.

Your boys are cute cute cute!

Louise Michie said...

Things will improve soon. You love your family so much and it shows in every word you write. They are lucky to have such a kind and caring heart in the family.
It sounds like your daughter has a gall bladder problem. My husband thought he was having a heart attack three times and after lots of tests and procedures it turned out to be his gall bladder. I have come across others who have had the same thing. It is very scary, but the hospital actually did the right thing.
The little boy with the dizzy spells seems to be coping quite well. Just smile and hang on. If the light at the end of the tunnel is a bit dim, then invent a new one to go beside it. I bet he is doing well in maths and science at school, or something.
You lead a busy and interesting life. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Gert said...

Oh Shirley..I'm sorry your hubby has slowed down on his eating. I use to bring my dad a malt every so often as I knew he loved them. Sometimes he'd enjoy them, others he wouldn't, just hard on everyone..😟 Also sorry about your daughter and pray she will find answers real soon.

Bless your grandchildren! Wow...for both of them!! Great games and the little horseman!

Loved your old photo! Beautiful family! I know you miss those times of all being together...


Cinderella Moments said...

I hope your daughter and husband will have a much better week ahead.
It's always nice to come by your blog to see what you are up to. Have a terrific week.

Cindy said...

I am trying to catch up and see that you have a lot going on, as always! No doubt the ER is usually not a very good experience. I will read more in hopes that you have some answers with your daughters health. Keeping you and your hubby and family in my thoughts and prayers!