Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Busy Busy

 My sunset at the Horse arena Saturday evening while I was watching the games. It was hot. I left for a while in the afternoon because it was to hot. I didn't get accomplished what I went for. I was trying to deliver a custom order, but didn't get the job done either Saturday or Sunday so I put them in my etsy shop. I told the customer  that she could purchase them there. She had a chance to pick them up the weekend before and didn't. I was trying to be nice.
   The boys showed Sunday which was cooler then the day before. We had Cowboy church before the show started which was to benefit those who wanted to show, but didn't want to miss church. It was a good service.
   Sunday was a better day until the storm came through in the afternoon, but it was fast enough moving that we got to finish
 the show. Only one accident which ended up with a girl having a horse fall on her. She ended up with a concussion. The horse was o.k. It got up and stood right beside her as though it was protecting her until help came. We were lucky to have some people that show who have medical experience one way or another there, but when she didn't know the day or where she was at it was a trip to the hospital. 
 My grandson and Fergie got first in his group. He is really in his own world making sure he was doing the right thing. He even took himself down to the gate to wait for his event. He told us that he was ready. His dad asked him if he knew his pattern for his trail event later. He says yeah and started telling dad what he had to do. He loves to ride.
    My youngest grandson's ball team won Friday night 18-4. They went undefeated for their level. We are so proud of them. They will play in the tournament next month. Who would believe it is almost the end of June? Does anyone know where the month has gone. It seemed like it just got started and then it was gone.  It has been very busy for me to where I just haven't had enough hours in a day to accomplish everything I wanted to do. 
    Hubby hasn't been feeling good which has been a concern. I am trying to figure out if it was due to medication or if we had another problem. He was a little better today when I went to see him, but yesterday I should have stayed home with all of the sleeping that he did. They even checked him to make sure the blood oxygen and blood sugar was o.k.and he didn't even know it. With a liver that only works part-time meds can build up in his system. I know the ammonia level is higher then it should be. We just keep working and praying each day. I want to thank those of you have been praying for us. I know that is what has got us this far. 
   I talked to my oldest tonight. He is working Baytown, Texas until after the 4th and then he doesn't know where he is going next. He doesn't mind traveling if it means working. He said that it was storming down there. We had some storms pop up and looked bad, but didn't go ahead and materialize. 
   Hope you all are doing o.k. with the crazy weather and staying as cool as possible. It is hard I know.  You all take care. I am being chauffeur again tomorrow. We were hunting for a new tire for my sons riding mower.


Laurie M said...

hi shirley, you are one very busy lady! That must have been very scary when the horse fell on the girl, concussion is nothing to fool around with, very serious, I will keep your husband in my prayers, take care, I hope the storms pass you by,

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

The weather is crazy. Summer is here and it seems mostly dark and gloomy weather outside with just peeks of sunshine now and then. Prayers will continue to be sent your way. Take care.

Susie said...

Hi Shirley, You stay busy, that is for sure. Congrats to the horseman g.son. The ball player too. I wish your husband could get to feeling better, seems to be taking a while. I will keep you and your loved ones in prayer.xoxo,Susie

Charlotte Huffman said...

Sounds like you are staying busy! I agree with you about time flying. It seems to get faster and faster, doesn't it? Hope your hubby feels better. Take care of yourself.

Vickie said...

I am glad they have Cowboy Church.
I sure hope the little girl is okay.
I am sorry your husband is once again feeling poorly. I am praying.♥

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I was thinking that very thing about this month flying by! Where does the time go??? Your grandsons are doing well with their summer activities.
I sure hope your hubby feels better soon. I will keep you both in my prayers. Take care, Shirley, and stay well.

Ana said...

My dearest Shirley, please know that I will be keeping you and your hubby in prayer. Hope he feels better soon.

Hugs and Blessings,

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley- you are like the energizer bunny- always going non stop for your family. You really are amazing.

I hope your husband has some good days-- I know that is what you desire for him. It must be so hard for you to worry about him always.

You must be so proud of your grandsons- they have achieved so much with their talents. They are the cutest boys I ever saw--


Gert said...

Shirley, I love your sunset picture! And the one of your grandson! How precious! So glad your other grandson is doing really well with his team. Prayers for you and your hubby...


CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Shirley, So nice to see you and thank you for visiting. It is great to catch up with you and it sounds like you are enjoying and having a very busy summer. The grands are doing so good in their activities and congrats to them. So glad the little girl will be okay. How sweet the horse stood right by her.
Sure hope your hubby feels better soon. I know it is a strain on you and I will keep you in my prayers for better days ahead.
Hope your son's work goes well here in Texas and he doesn't get too many storms where he is. We had terrific storms here too with high winds and hail. The winds uprooted my next door neighbors huge tree.
Take good care my friend and I hope you enjoy a nice weekend.
Blessings and hugs~