Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Latest at My House

    I have been away from the computer for a few days with other things happening in my life. It has been rather hectic schedule with not everything getting finished that I want done. I have been stopping by when I could , but when you are not on your computer you don't leave comments very well or at least I don't. 
   The rain and storms haven't helped the horse showing. They got cancelled so we are hoping to get this weekend in, but it remains to be seen. The weather has been so unpredictable. 
   Tomorrow I am chauffeur again taking my oldest and his adopted brother out to throw hay bales. His mom or who they are working for will see that they get home. I just hope that they don't get to hot. It has been very hot and windy in our area. 
  Our youngest grandson's baseball team is still undefeated. They have played really well this summer, but then they practice at least twice a week.They just don't go and play their game. Their last game is Friday night then the following month they are going to play in a tournament. He is having an enjoyable summer and he is getting so tall. He is Mr. Personality and talks to everybody. I don't know if that is good or bad. We just try to watch where he is at when he is not playing ball. 
   Our oldest son is headed for Houston in the morning early. He is going to be working there for a couple of weeks. He doesn't care where  he goes as long as he is working. I got to visit with him today for awhile on the phone. It was good to hear his voice and know  that he is doing o.k.. He was waiting on a phone call to get all of his last minute instructions before he leaves. He will find out when he gets there just what is going to be involved. 

I thought I would show you a couple of my new tea towels that I have finished. I did a show over the weekend. It was fun. It stayed on the cool side and with their air on I wore my sweater. I was just glad that it was in the car. I try to always have one with me because some restaurants and other stores are so cold. I gave out quite a few business cards so will just have to wait and see what happens.  I sold some. It was one of those spur of the moment decision. I thought my bat and candy corn Halloween towel turned out cute. I have  four new ones in my etsy shop. The hands have been busy while I have been at the nursing home. 
   I don't know if hubby's ammonia level is going up or if we have a medication that is causing his hands to shake. Normally it was a sign that tells me the ammonia level was going up, but there is another medication in the mix and it can cause problems too. They are suppose to do blood work in the morning.They will start with that first and go from there. I will just have to keep asking for reports as to what they find out. I just don't want it to get to far out of hand before the issue is addressed. 
   It is still hot out and it is 10 P.M.. I broke down and turned the air on. I didn't really want to do it, but I needed to be able to sleep. I will try to do some catching up with you all and I appreciate your visits. Take care and be careful. 


Vickie said...

Nice to get caught up with you. You and your husband are in my prayers.

Gert said...

Oh Shirley you sure have been busy! Love how your grandsons team is doing so well! I know that is exciting for everyone! Your tea towels are beautiful, you do such nice work! Do you do the lace along the bottom?

Pray for your hubby, I know how difficult that is... We're hot here too.. Along with terrible storms around us...

Blessings my Missiouri friend,

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Always nice to hear how you spend time with your family. Your towels look great! Prayers being sent for you and your husband. We have been having a lot of rain here; but they say it will be going away soon.