Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Heat is Here

  Summer has arrived with the hot humid weather. It is suppose to cool off a little, but it remains to be seen.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the Kansas Chief's being in town for training camp at our college. I am thankful that the two week Driver's Training course got over before they arrived. The traffic is heavier and you see more out of state license plates. 
   The sunset was taken at our horse arena the other evening. School is soon going to be approaching and I don't know where the time has gone. I have spent a few days at the nursing home and have a family care plan meeting this week. That will be interesting to see what they have to offer. 
   Sunday evening I went to my son's for dinner. We were celebrating my dil's birthday and paying me for being a chauffeur for their oldest. I got to participate in my grandson's exercises. When they rotate his head to the left and then have him sit up. He is a little dizzy. He has learned that peppermint helps control being sick to his stomach because of the dizziness. They have a series of exercises that they start for a minute and will gradually being adding more time as they go. My son cooked on the grill for his wife's birthday, we had barbeque's ribs, potatoes,sweet potatoes, onion, green pepper and some other veggies cooked on the grill, and corn. For dessert it was a chocolate fleck gluten free cake. It was yummy. He likes to cook on the grill while there was coals he cooked some other things so that all they would have to do is warm them up for their evening meal this week. My dil told my oldest grandson what was off limits for him to eat in the fridge as it was for their supper this week.
    The fingers have been very busy with embroidering. I sent one to Valida, Ga. I have just got done a couple more. I was showing them off and they won't be going to my etsy shop. Both are sold plus I will have some more to make just don't know how many yet. I will take a pictures so you can see them. They are on the dryer rack tonight. 
   I have been doing some poppin in and out visiting as I can, never enough hours, but I have enjoyed sleeping a little late of a morning. I still get my wake up phone calls to check and make sure mom is alright. My son is still working in Texas. I don't know how long that is going to last, but at least he is working. He doesn't like sitting around the apartment with nothing to do. 
  Well I better call it a night, but I wanted you to know I am o.k. just a little busy and like being that way. It gives me less time to think about hubby knowing there is little that I can do about the situation. It is frustrating, but then that is life. Take care. Try to stay cool.
 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of the features this week - so much inspiration! Thank you for graciously hosting this party,
design-for-your-apartment

sweet violets said...

Glad to know you are okay......its hot and humid here too....can't stand it!! Good for you for sleeping late in the mornings, you need it!!

The Buffalo Bills have been arriving here this week also for their training camp at one of our colleges....like you, lotsa new license plates!!

Its good to be busy and have something to do...keep cool and take care.....xoxoxo

Charlotte said...

Busy grandma! We thought we could relax after our kids were grown, didn't we? Hope you and yours are doing well.

Gert said...

Oh Shirley it is always so good to see your posts! Your photo is stunning! Sounds like you had an amazing time at your sons! Yumm..love anything cooked on the grill! We had the horrible heat here Mon & Tues too. Looks like it might be another one today. Sad... But, I know it is Summer in Iowa! ha! I pray for your grandson and hope they will find something out soon, to take care of his problems.

Blessings,
Gert

Vickie said...

Our weather did cool down some today. I am glad you are busy with embroidery orders.

MLM247 said...

Give lots of love to the little grandson with the health problems. It must be hard for him but also heartbreaking for his family who wish so much for everything to be normal.

Mereknits said...

That sunset is so beautiful Shirley, you are so busy as usual. Have a great week,
Meredith

Susie said...

Shirley, Glad you are getting to sleep in a little. Praying for your grandson, for all of you. Blessings for a fun weekend, xoxo,Susie

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Wonderful on your embroidery! It is very hot and dry here.......but humidity makes the heat even more worse I think. Lovely photos!