Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring???

   My magnolia tree before the really cold got it and turned it brown. It has taken a lot of work, but I have finally got some of the things with the new computer program the way that I liked them. I am not sure that I like this program that this computer has on it. It is definitely different. 
   The weekend hasn't been like I have planned it. . I have spent the majority of the day in bed after being up sick last night. The flu bug finally caught up with me to where I was almost to the point I wanted to move a pillow and blanket in the bathroom and sleep there for the night. I haven't been sick like that for a long time. I have managed to keep everything down that I have ate today. Thank goodness. 
   My oldest grandson got to put his welding skills that he learned in school to practice today. He welded four panels up at the horse arena. They are going to work again tomorrow on the fence. They have got to get it ready for the show season which will be here before they are ready.
   My oldest is on his way home for a few days so he can take care of some things such as drivers license renewal. They weren't going to let him come home until he told them that his license was about to expire.  He has to have it as one of the identifications to get him on the job site.  He has been working in Texas so I am assuming that is where he is going back to  I just know the time will pass much to quickly. My quilt has just a little left to do on it.   It will be going to a new home so I won't even get to put it in my etsy shop. I may have another one to do. She is suppose to be getting back with me. It has taken longer then I liked, but it got to changing colors to much when I was working on the bear. 
   I feel like I am getting to old to have to learn new things, but then you learn something new about every day. We have had some really nice weather then it has gone back the other way. I have seen snow in April before . They said we were to get some last night, but I don't think that we did. 
    I need to take a few more me days. They have got hubby a new curved spoon. It seems to be working so that he gets his food in his mouth instead down his front. 
   Well I am going to call it a night and go back to bed. They say I should feel much better in a couple of days. I shall see Take care.
   

11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry you got hit with the flu, Shirley. That was all you needed. I hope that you are all better by tomorrow.
How fun that your grandson is using his welding skills. He must be pretty good!
Glad your hubby got a spoon that worked for him. That is great and I am sure he feels a lot better about himself, too.
Hope you post a picture of your quilt when you are done.
Enjoy the visit with your son. It will fly by much too fast, I know.

Love to you- xo Diana

sweet violets said...

So sorry you got that nasty bug....I hope the worst is over!!! Pamper yourself and get better....

We had 3" of snow yesterday, but gone today, temps still in the low 20's, this is not the end.....

Take care.....

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm praying for you Shirley...you will be better soon I know. Life seems to be a bit hard some times but I know you hold so many loved ones close to your heart and they will be there for you...all of them.

Love to you and your precious hubby! :)

Jane xxxx

Quinn said...

I hope you are feeling 100% well very soon, Shirley!

Vickie said...

I hope you feel much better today Shirley.
Don't forget to take a picture of your finished quilt.

Chantal said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too good. Hope you get back on your feet real soon and enjoy some stitching. Love your horse embroidery.

Susie said...

Shirley, Some times I sure do not want to learn anything technical.ZZZZ .:):) Sorry you are feeling well. I just had about of something a week or so ago. I have been lucky and healthy for years...so it knocked me down for a few days. Praying for you, xoxo,Susie

Sandra said...

So sorry to hear you were feeling so poorly. Hope you will be up to a full recovery quickly. Such a pretty stitchery you have shared with us.

Gert said...

Oh Shirley, I'm so sorry to hear that you got that flu bug. I can't imagine how terrible you must have felt. You are normally so....so busy. I'm sure that quilt is gorgeous! What a beautiful legacy to give a child! (Do you quilt them too?) I still have mine that my grandmother quilted and my mother embroideried. Funny...it's blue and white...the doctor told Mom he "thought" she was going to have a boy! So I was a nice surprise..lol By the way this is the same doctor that said my brother was going to be a "girl"....lol

Hope you're having a blessed Sunday!
Gert

Would you like some embroidery thread?

Charlotte said...

Hope you are feeling better. I had the flu earlier this year but luckily I didn't have the throw-up part. We've had cold weather lately but luckily not cold enough to get my magnolia tree.

Mereknits said...

Glad you are feeling better Shirley, Little Buddy had the flu for three days and I don't think his appetite is quite back yet. Take good care of yourself.
Hugs,
Meredith