Friday, March 4, 2016

I'M BACK

  It has been a very busy and trying time for me. With losing my brother and three others that were friends with all in a little over a week span was just a little much to handle. It made me think of how we are living on borrowed time with my hubby.  
  I had to take time to get a mammogram and  had a doctor appointment for me. My blood pressure was little high so we have changed my medicine for the time being. 
  Then hubby had to have a liver ultrasound done and we have a doctor appointment this coming Monday. I wish they could get his ammonia level under control. We will see what the doctor has to say. His portal vein is blocked and now the report that I got a copy of says that he has a blood clot there. He is to high of a risk to have surgery because we don't know if he will stop bleeding. His hemoglobin is dropping from a little over 13 to a little over 11 in a short period of time. They took him off some medicine that could possible cause that. If it isn't one thing then another. God keeps giving me the strength to handle it, but I sometimes wonder.
   I saved some money when I got my car, but the majority of that will go to the nursing home. I don't get to keep it for me. They don't want you to get to keep any extra for sure. You just wonder how they figure what you have to pay. I would sure like to know their method. 
  I am looking forward to tomorrow evening. My youngest grandson and I are going to dinner and hanging out together while his parents go to a retirement party. He has picked a Mexican restaurant for our dinner. He told me not to worry he would order for us. He is only 10, but such a little adult. 
He hasn't said what we are doing after supper, but I am to pick him up at baseball practice so that we can beat the rush for supper. He is something and those hugs are precious from those boys. Grandma goes to see them when I need a grandma fix.
  I did tea towels for my daughter for a wedding shower that she was going to this evening. I liked the way they turned out.  This was one of four that I made. I have to finish the border on my last one for a custom order so I have been busy. The fingers have to stay busy right now to give me something else to think about. 
  My oldest grandson has been working on his truck at the vo-tech school. There was more they had to do then they had originally thought. He had the highest score on his test in the afternoon class. Plus he had a big paper due that was suppose to take at least a week. He had his done in three days. He even had his teacher ask him questions and was surprised by the answers he got. He is going next month to check out a technical college. They do that their junior year of high school so they can apply for scholarships and etc.  You wish that you could keep them young.
  My middle grandson's little friend had his surgery and he is back to school for half days. God is there when we need him. Thank you for all of your prayers they mean the world to me. You are the best friends. 
  I am sending out prayers to those in need. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. 
  

9 comments:

bj said...

Oh, dear sister friend, what in the world do people do in crises that don't know Jesus?
Soo many things we just can't handle without our Jesus Christ. How I love HIM....
Oh, yes, aren't we blessed beyond measure to be Grandmas....xoxoxo

Quinn said...

So happy to see your name pop up in my reader, Shirley! I hope your blood pressure will be better now; that can make a big difference, especially when you've got a lot on your plate as you do. Very sorry for your many recent losses. How lovely that your grandkids are so close to you and you are a big part of their lives!
I'm the same way about keeping my hands busy as a distraction. Plus, it's encouraging to have something useful as a result. I just cast on another sock last night, and listened to an audiobook while I knitted before falling asleep. It makes a nice transition from the day to night.
Take care of your self, and enjoy your special dinner with your grandson :)

Vickie said...

I am praying for you and your husband dear Shirley. Always trials, aren't there.
Your stitching is adorable.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Dear Shirley
I have missed you!! Terry and I went through a period in January when we lost three friends and past fellow work colleagues. Any loss at our age whether friend or family is hard.

So glad you are going on a date!! That little guy will take good care of you. Be sure to let us know what he ordered!!

Much love to you, friend. Wishing all goes well for you for a long time.
xx, Carol

Charlotte said...

Sorry for all of your losses. Hope hubby feels better soon. Sounds like you have some remarkable grandsons. Love the tea towels.

Susie said...

Shirley...You have had a some terrible losses. So sorry to hear you lost 3 friends and your brother. It does make us think about how short life can be. It truly seems we can never get ahead on anything. Medical eats up any savings . Blessings to you dear friend. Enjoy all those special times with the grandsons. How wonderful to have them. xoxo,Susie

Acorn to Oak said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and three of your friends! What a rough week! I hope your husband's health improves! Have a wonderful evening with your grandson. Hugs!

Debby said...

So many losses are hard at one time. So sorry for all the issues with your hubby. You would think they coul get those levels under control.
You are right about nursing homes getting their share.
I hope your blood pressure gets better. So much stress for you. So glad you have those sweet grandsons around to give you hugs. I'm sending you (((hugs)))) too.

Mereknits said...

No wonder your blood pressure was high Shirley, look at all you are going through. Enjoy those grandsons of your and try to rest a bit.
Hugs,
Meredith