Monday, September 21, 2009

The Starting of Fall

Summer is officially over and fall begins with the fall festivals. We just had ours in the south side of our town filling the park with crafts, food, fun, music and the Saturday morning parade. Just to drive by with the window down to smell the aroma from the food. It makes you hungry. There are many different crafts and you have to submit your work to see if you can get in. Maybe next year.
The weekend was absolutely gorgeous, but today was entirely different. We had rain all day and on the cool side. It was heavy rain at times, and then it would let up, but never entirely stopped. We will be down in the 50's, so it will be jacket time. The trees are starting to turn and get really pretty.
I had my first experience of having an auction right next door. They decided my drive-way was a great place to park. I have never seen so many Elvis records. He was a collector and at one point had his own antique store. He would do flea markets with his things that he collected. What I really would have like to had was his side by side refrigerator. It was less then a year old. Some things sold good and others didn't which is typical. He had some old children games in the original boxes, books, cars, trucks, glass ware, and I can't remember it all. We have a new antique mall going to open up in town. I am curious about it, but I haven't had a chance to check it out. They will have a lot of space that is for sure. My husband has even gone looking lately with me which is new. Usually he doesn't want to do that kind of a thing. It was surprising and an enjoyable way of spending a Sunday afternoon looking at things that brought back a lot of childhood memories.
You all have a wonderful day.

No comments: