Saturday, December 4, 2010

December A Busy Month

I have so many things that I want to get done and I wonder if I will make it. The weekend has started off with my phone call on Friday. The doctor's office called to tell me that the insurance company finally approved my blood pressure medicine that we know works.
I always check my e-mails on Saturday to see if I had anything to take care of. I found out that my latest quilt that I just listed in my etsy shop was sold. I did a showcase with it when I listed it. I can only hope that helped it sell.
It went within a week, and I sold my Christmas tea towel that I just show you in a previous blog. I am working on a couple of new ones, but I will have to wait and see how they go. One has three different size poinsettia's on them. I took time out to go to an open house and then I am taking a break at the moment from it. I will work on it some more probably before I call it a day.
We were so cold today and the wind was really strong. I had to hold on to hubby's car door to help him get out of the car so it wouldn't blow shut on him. All I need is for him to have a broken leg or something from it.
Our neighbor hung their Christmas lights, but I am scrooge. Not really it is just that I lost my dad on Christmas Day and it makes it hard on me. I know they say you get over it in time, but I think about my parents at this time. My mother died the 18Th of December when she past away.
The best thing coming up is my brother's 77Th birthday on Christmas Eve. He is one of the special ones because he walked me down the aisle when I got married. He has always been there when I needed someone to talk to because he lost his wife to cancer and she went through some of the things that we have gone through with John. We have a decision to make because one of our doctors is leaving the group. I don't know what we will do. We will be able to see him and find out more as we have one more time with him before he leaves. .
My son is taking his dad this coming Friday to the doctor's office for a routine visit. His job got cut this past Friday so he is unemployed at the moment. I don't know for sure what he will do yet. I will maybe post about that when I know more what is going on.
I just know I have no vacation time left so I would lose a whole day's wages if I had to do that .
Well it is getting late so I better close.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad my prayer was answered for you:) I told ya..like MOM and Dad....it's just bothersome paperwork..it'll get sorted out the way it shud be.
Sorry to hear about your son's job tho. Is this the one with the asthma? Maybe it's a good thing. I mean it's already working a little better with errands and your work schedule.
I see why you quilt went so fast, beautiful. My Craft Shows were not that good this year, but the vendors that do more than I do said they have had a horrible year. Most were going to downsize on participation next year and only do 2 or 3 shows. I am seriously thinking of getting a booth next year at the ant/craft mall.
Mom and Dad haven't been doing too well the past couple of weeks, Jim has had a sinus infection, but they upped my allergy meds dosage and it seems to be working much better. I tell ya..I was really feelin funky...My 50th is this week and I really thought it was the CHANGE, but the Doc says no...
'You're just moldy and then caught a fungus amungus'..haha. I guess it's official...I'm old, fat, and moldy.
Guess I better be gettin back to puttin new things on my website. Have a nice week!
Melody

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I found your blog through another blog... don't remember which one but I saw your comment about losing your parents at Christmas.

I feel your pain. I lost my Dad 4 days after Christmas 17 yrs ago and it is still painful.The memories are sweet but the pain remains.
I try to focus on the reason for the season and that I will see him again because of that loving Christmas gift over 2,000 years ago.
Praying you have a peace filled Christmas, Annette