Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Snow on Monday Sun on Tuesday

This is what it looked like on Monday morning maybe not quite this much. The drive was pretty to work because of the wet snow that we had. It melted on the streets for which I was happy about. I know you had to be careful on the bridges and overpasses, but other then that the drive was not that bad.
I wanted to tell you that my friend Donna at Brynwood Needlework is having a giveaway celebrating her second year blog birthday. One of the things that she has is her Mug Mats. If you don't have one, then enter her giveaway even if you do have one. The picture is one of the mug mats that you can chose. I have a purple one that she has made, but I would like another. Just go visit her and leave a comment.
I wanted to wish all of you a Happy St. Pat's Day. I don't know about your menu, but ours always has cornbeef and cabbage with the potatoes, carrots, and soda bread. Of course, some people think that you have to have green beer to make it complete, but I don't. We will have lunch at work, but I don't think it is going to be the cornbeef and cabbage because we have some that don't like it. It is tradition at our house.
I hope that you all have a great week. The snow is all melted tand we got up to 55 degrees today and by Friday we are to hit 72 degrees. It really makes you think that Spring is here. Everybody take care and stay well.

7 comments:

Char said...

Wow Shirley, that is a lot of the white stuff. It's hard for me to believe because we are now in the 80's. Spring is here and the birds are out singing and building their nests. Take care my friend and I hope it goes away soon, Char

sweet violets said...

We had the same white stuff on Monday morning, I almost cried!!! But today was sunny and bright and it is all melted away....every day will be a little bit warmer....come on Spring!!! Cleo

Cinderella Moments said...

Happy St.Patrick's Day! I wouldn't want to see snow right now. It would make me so mad. We're getting 80s later this week. I hope you get a warm up too!
XO,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

So good to be back among all my blogging friends!! Thank you for the warm WELCOME!!
Love,
Marilyn

Carol at Serendipity said...

Shirley,

Donna is just the greatest. I am so lucky to actually know her. We hope to have lunch next week! I have made 6 of her mug mats. I have 4 more ready to sew!

I love corned beef and cabbage and I don't know why i don't make it more often.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Carol

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh my gosh! It's just so cold!! We will have 76 here on Friday. I can't imagine having snow! Sending warm thoughts your way sweets!
xx, shell

Fee said...

You lucky thing having Spring arrive.... We have just moved into Autumn but haven't had much of a summer really. Thanks for dropping by my blog - I couldn't reply to your message as your settings are Non-Reply Commentor.

Hugs - Fee X