Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

Have  you made your New Year's Resolutions? Do you wonder what the 2012 has in store for you? Have  you thought about what you really want to accomplish this year?
I haven't made any resolutions, because I normally don't accomplish them. I have learned over the past few years to just roll with the punches as I like to say and deal with whatever I am handed. 
The last doctor appointment was kept and we have managed to get my hubby's AC1 down  for which both the doctor and I was very happy about. He did get put on antibiotics because of coming down with a cold. He doesn't have the immune system to fight off the virus like most people so he requires help. We got the temperature back to normal and hopefully  everything else will be to. I just don't want pneumonia which with him can happen very fast. 
We  had a very quiet New Year's eve at home and I didn't even hear the fireworks. He said our neighbor didn't shoot any. I just know that I slept through it all. I talked with my son in Louisiana and he said the fireworks started at midnight and went on until 1 in the morning. He said that it sounded like millions of people were shooting them off. You definitely knew  it arrived. 
The weather has been crazy. Yesterday we had 63 degrees and today it only got in the 40's, but the wind was so horribly strong. You had to be sure you held onto the car door if you parked so the wind didn't catch it.
Today brought us out of the lovely donut hole for the next few months with only having to pay the copay. I don't know about you, but I will be glad when the elections are over with because I am so tired of all the mud slinging. I just want them to tell me what they are going to do for us not what someone did over 20 years ago. They just think raising our taxes is the answer to everything. Oh, I think I will leave that subject there. 
I  have been playing around some with my blog, I want to change it, but I haven't really decided how as of yet. Hope all of you have a wonderful week. Take care
 

4 comments:

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

I know what you mean about resolutions, Shirley! But it sounds like you have much to celebrate -- your husband's recent tests, just being together. Isn't it amazing how we greet the New Year with zzzzz's? My husband and I went to our next door neighbor's house for dinner with them and another couple and ALL of us were yawning and totally pooped by 8:30! Pathetic! After we got home, I was determined to stay up and see the ball drop in Times Square as I have since I was about 9 or 10. I think this year will be the last. Not only was it tough to keep my eyes open, but also I was stunned to see all the flashing neon advertising signs on the pole. I could hardly see the ball drop for the advertising. Just disgusting -- and not worth staying up to see!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shirley:
We had a quiet New Year's celebration, too. Never were ones to go out and "get silly". We had fireworks around here, but they didn't carry on for long. Went to sleep shortly after midnight. Up earlier than usual today and accomplished a lot! Hope to continue getting up earlier this year and doing more. Time flies as it is, and I want to make the most of every day.
Blessings to you and yours for happiness and good health in 2012.
xoxo
Donna

LadyV said...

Happy New Year Shirley!

I don't make resolutions either, I'm happy and content with any accomplishments that I may have during the year.

Glad to hear hubby is doing better.

Blessings and Hugs,

Vee

Cinderella Moments said...

I'm glad things went well at the doctor's. I hope you have a wonderful year. Good luck with changing your blog. It can be lots of fun to get a new look. Happy New Year!
xoxo,
Caroline