Friday, January 20, 2012

The Weekend

I was glad to get home early today from work and get in where it was warm. It was so cold and our furnace was working right for some reason.
We have snow to the north and they were getting freezing rain to the south of us. We had nothing when I came home, but it was cloudy and very cold and damp feeling.
We stayed home with hubby being sick. He has bronchitis. It was getting to close to pneumonia. That would have meant the hospital. We are hoping that we caught it in time. We got the temperature broke.  They put him on antibiotics to help him fight it with his immune system not being what it should be. I was glad to stay home. I am wrapped up in my afghan  that he made me with my cup of hot tea reading blogs. 
I feel for all of you that are getting the snow. We have been lucky so far this year, but that is not saying our luck can change in a hurry.
My youngest grandson is going to play t-ball. My middle one has to chose between soccer and t-ball if he is going to show his pony this coming summer. T-ball interferes with the horse shows. My oldest is going to show his horse this summer. He has to do more shows. They are part of his 4-H project. Our weekends will be full, but at least we don't have to pick where we go, with the fun starting on Friday evening. I love watching t-ball at their age because you don't know what they will do. 
My latest project is coming along nicely. I am starting some valentine tea towels. My snow people turned out cute, just need to get some pictures taken of what I have done lately. It has been relaxing to me and gives me something else to think about. 
All of you in the cold climate stay safe and warm. Those of you in the warm climate enjoy it and think of the rest of us. You could try to send it our way. Have a great weekend
 

6 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

We've had 2 days in the mid 70s. I appreciate it soooo much. Today was so summer like. It felt all happy and smiley! LOL! Tomorrow is a little cooler but Sunday is warmer again. This is what I like. I hope your husband gets better very soon. Enjoy your weekend and drink plenty of cacao.
xoxo
Caroline

Unknown said...

I am so happy he'll be ok Shirley. It turned downright frigid today and right now we are under a winter Storm warning...ICE.....I couldn't get home tonight to eat, so Jim brought it home and we ate here at Mom and Dad's
sigh..he went down with the cat's and dog...I'm up here helpin. Sunday's our Anniversary...19....LOL..I almost forgot...it's supposed to be in the 50's so we may get to go out and eat to celebrate...last year we ate in the Hospital Cafeteria.8/ Oh well...I'm glad you two are doin fine this weekend!

Jillayne said...

Stay warm Shirley! It's nice to think of you all cozy and curled up with your tea - it sounds wonderful and warm.
I hope your husband gets well very soon and has no complications. Take care you.

My Vintage Studio said...

It's been crazy weather here in Memphis area.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend dear friend!
XO. Sharon

Kerrie said...

Thank you so much for your visit and kind comments! Your blog is so cheery, love it! Kerrie

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Stay warm sweets! It was 70 yesterday and only 52 today. Tomorrow going to be 48! Brrrrr! That's cold for my lil ol' part of the world.
Hugs!