Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Quickly Approaching

 It doesn't seem like it should be the end of March already. Did it fly by for you to? It seems as though a week just gets started and it is gone. Is that a sign that I am getting older? I hate to admit my age at times but then I get reminded by my oldest grandson, he is going to be 13 his birthday. A teenager, who keeps growing so fast. He got a new pair of boots and dad said give him three months then dad would have a new pair of boots that is just how fast he is growing.
Last weekend was so pretty that my daughter got to ride the orange beast as she calls it. They took it over to the middle school that is close by and let her see if she could handle it. It is bigger then her bike. Of course, her husband had to make sure she could handle it because it is his bike. Hers is black and more of a show bike. I don't know if his back will allow him to ride yet. He fell on the ice and cracked some ribs on the backside this winter. The picture was taken a couple of years ago. Of course E-Man as they call my youngest grandson thinks that he should have a bigger bike. He parks the one that he does have right in front of the door and you have to move it to get in the house. That  is his special parking place.
He is not going to get to play soccer they didn't have enough in his age bracket. She had an e-mail address for the other location, but it is not meant for someone who has never played before and games are scheduled from 9 to 2 on a Saturday. They have so many teams. I have gone by on a Saturday and you wouldn't be able to find a parking spot. .
I thought we were busy when they were small, but it is nothing compared to all of the activities now days that they get involved with.
Have you ever put something where you would know where it was at only not be able to find it? Or am I just the only one. Where I thought I put it was wrong. Just added a little icing to the cake with the kind of a day that I have had. That is an expression that I like to use. I didn't really feel good today with my allergies bothering me. All of the pollen in the air and then they planed a bunch of cedar which never helps.
Two more days and then the weekend. I am hoping for another nice one, but that will remain to be seen. Have a great day.

4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

That's a big bike! I used to be brave and ride on the back, but I am a little wiser now {Really just older!}

The trees are budding and I think that is what is making my allergies bad. The pollen comes later in spring for us. Then I have to take meds.

I hope you have a good weekend, it's almost here and yes, the time is flying! What are your Easter plans?

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- What a nice post. I used to ride on the back of those big old motorcycles...not anymore! It is cold and spitting snow here today but supposed to warm up tomorrow. Hope you have had a good week so far! xo Diana

Wildflowerhouse said...

I am sorry that he won't be able to play soccer. I think it is one great sport. My son loved it when he played. I nearly froze to death at one game. It was snowing hard and the wind was blowing. FINALLY the ref called the game. We went home to take warm showers only to find the power was off. LOL

Elaine said...

I use to ride with my husband on the back.. we took many trips...

I know what you mean about time flying.. Where does it go/ Seems like it was just Valentine's day. Take care Warm hugs
Elaine