Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tears

No pictures today, but I have cried much the last two days. For all the little ones that lost their lives because of a senseless act. I don't understand what makes people do this. We have had several shootings of late. Gun control, I don't really think that would stop someone if they were intent on killing people, they would just find another way to do it. 
My grandsons aren't that young, but I would hate to lose any of them especially during the holiday season. My mother died December 18th and my father died on Christmas Day. It has been several years, but you still think about it. It is especially hard at Christmas. Each year you heal, how the parents and love ones will heal after the horrible shooting will take a while. I know I found my Christmas still in the boxes a year after my father died.
My hubby is back in the hospital. When they took the x-rays it showed his hip he had replaced is dislocated. We don't know how it happened, but I cried. They say that they can put it back hopefully without surgery. They have to put him to sleep to do it. The worry is  whether he will wake up afterwards with all of his health issues.  I am off to the hospital this morning. I did baby sit my two oldest grandsons last night. My 8 year old set in the chair with me and read a book to me. We looked at the Lego book he got at the library. He told me what he could build and what pieces he had. He would tell me the colors of pieces and then he went and got what he had made using his imagination. He has a very good imagination. His momma says there is lots of little pieces on the floor, but she doesn't say much because she knows that his little brain is working. 
Well, I am off to the hospital for the day and will probably stay the night.  Prayers going out for all of those in need. Take care.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Dear Shirley! I cried too. It is so, so, sad and sinful. And now your husband must be under anesthetic to get his hip back in! Oh the pain he is enduring. I am so sorry Shirley. I am praying.♥

sweet violets said...

Keeping you in prayer....hugs...cleo

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- What awful news that your hubby is back in the hospital. God bless you- I have been sick so haven't gotten even my cards all out.
You are in my thoughts and prayers- Blessings- xo Diana

Vicki said...

Hi, Shirley, my friend,
Yes, our hearts have been broken over the tragedy this past week. I am so sorry to hear of your husband's struggles still. I will continue to pray for you all. My grandchildren love Legos. When they come to visit, they always want to get out their Legos and Lincoln Logs. I enjoy seeing what they make. Shirley, I am wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas! Vicki

romance-of-roses said...

My Dear Friend Shirley, I can't believe he is back in the hospital, hope it's not for long. Yes, wonder how it happened? I did not do any decorating here in our home, just been feeling so down since all of the happenings with the children. If you get a change stop by to read a poem that was send to me about the tragedy. It helped me and know it will help you also. Hugs...Lu

Wildflowerhouse said...

I am so sorry that you and your husband are having to go through all this, especially at the holidays. I shall keep you in my prayers.And yes my heart is broken for what happened to those precious children. Take care.