Saturday, December 1, 2012

DECEMBER



The last month of the year has started. I wonder if it will fly by as fast as the last two have flown. I just hope this month is better then the last two have been at our house. As many of you know my hubby is in a nursing home at the moment getting physical therapy that he needs. He is making progress, but has been a slow process. We are hoping maybe by Christmas that we will be able to take him out for the day, but it will remain to be seen. He still isn't allowed to put pressure on his right hip and leg yet.

I have been asked about my staying very busy with everything that I do. I  keep very busy so that I have other things to think about besides my hubby. I have taken care of him for so long that I feel like part of me is missing even though I know I am unable to do so and that he is in a much better place. He has a new room mate now and they both like each other which makes it really nice for a change. 

I delivered a tea towel this morning and I have an order for an owl tea towel for two little 8 year olds. They go to school with my middle grandson. I am going this Thursday night to watch his program after I go see hubby. They have a surprise for the parents and grandparents a very special song. It will be fun to watch regardless. I am looking forward to it. 

This past Thursday evening I went to The Taste of Home Cooking School with my daughter and daughter-in-law. We had really a good time and I won one of the many door prizes that they gave away. When we left, they were going to auction off the appliances that had been used for the show.  It was here at our college which made it all the better. We didn't have that far to drive.  

I have missed all of you and hope that I can get back to visiting a little more often. It is time I call it a night and hit the sack as the saying goes. Have a great rest of the weekend. 

 

9 comments:

Debby said...

I am glad that you have so many things to keep you busy. I bet you feel like you are missing your right hand, as they say. How long do they expect your hubby to be in the nursing home. I guess no telling since they aren't et him use his hip and leg. You probably need to get plenty or rest and ahead of things before he does return home. Keep on keeping on.....((((((HUGS))))) and prayers.

NanaDiana said...

Hi Shirley- I hope that Dec is a better month for you, too. Look at your hubby being in a nursing home for a while as God giving you a bit of rest. You have done such a good job but I know that you are tired from all the years of care, too. Hang in there- Love to you- Diana

Vickie said...

I am glad you made it to the cooking show Shirley. What a nice time.

Blondie's Journal said...

I hope this month goes very well for you, Shirley. It's good to have things to keep us busy. My husband is having surgery on the 11th and will be home just in time for Christmas but very sore. It will be lonely here without him but I'm sure I will be at the hospital most of the time. I hope your husband continues to improve everyday. Sending prayers and big hugs...

XO,
Jane

deb said...

Hi Shirley. Was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how things were going. But I get sidetracked so easily or the thought is there and then leaves before I can act on it. Had meant to touch base with you. Glad to hear there is improvement with your hubby. You both have been in my thoughts and prayers.

How nice to take a class with the girls. It helps to keep busy...but the months do fly by quickly. Wishing you get to bring him home for Christmas day. We did that with my Dad, check him out for an outing for the day then take him back.

Take care of yourself. I know you probably feel lost without him at home. But caregivers need need a break at times. Even though it feels awkward try to take advantage of it. Think of you often.
xoxoxo
*hugs*deb

Cinderella Moments said...

Hi Shirley! I have been absent from blogging and reading blogs for so long. I'm afraid I've missed a lot that has happened in your life. I'm truly sorry for all the stress happening to you. I think we've all had to deal with hospitals and nursing homes. It is really a trying experience. So all my prayers for strength are with you and your husband.
My Dad had shingles too this summer. I never heard of so many people having shingles in my life! I wonder if something's going on. I've also had about 4 customers tell me they have shingles.
Stay strong sweet Shirley!
hugs,
Caroline

bj said...

Praying this will be a better month for you.
When something is wrong with our mate, it just worries us to death.
I am hoping for better times for the both of you.
Blessings, bj

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley, I hope this month is better for you and also for your hubby. I hope he gets stronger so he can come home for a visit on Christmas. I know that would be very special.
Prayers for you and sending you big hugs,
XO Celestina Marie

Vicki Boster said...

Bless your heart Shirley-- I think of you often--- I know this is such a difficult time for you right now. I do hope your husband is able to spend Christmas with you at home. Stay busy with your beautiful stitching-- it helps---
Love
Vicki