Sunday, December 1, 2013

Busy Weekend and Pictures


 It has been a very busy weekend with the craft show, going to the nursing home, and a Christmas party this afternoon.  Santa and his helper made the party bringing gifts for all of the kids 12 and under. Pictures were taken of the kids as well as the adults with Santa. I even had my picture taken with Santa Claus. Nobody went home empty handed without a gift. The horse club furnished the ham, turkey, and the drinks. Everybody else brought cover dishes and desserts. If you went away hungry, it was no body's fault but your own. 

It was such a pretty day so that the kids could be outside. A very enjoyable afternoon. I thought I would show you pictures taken at our 50th wedding anniversary party. You can see our cake on the top tier with cupcakes on the other tiers. The first picture is of hubby and I.
 Grandpa and grandma with our three boys. They keep us going. Jake, 14 with the tie, Ethan 8 in dark plaid shirt and Matt 9 sitting in the chair by grandpa. This month will be a little busy with Christmas programs. Matt is one of 8 that gets to play an musical instrument. I am already marking up the calendar for what I have to do. If I don't put it on the calender I will forget it.
Hubby and I with our daughter and one of our sons. Our oldest didn't get to come home. I am hoping maybe at Christmas time he will be home, but we don't know. It will remain to be seen and will be a pleasant surprise if it does happen. They are the parent of our three grandsons. 

The last picture is all of us including spouses. 

They help take care of mom. I know that I got to get my Christmas shopping started as fast as November went it will go entirely to fast.  

This Thursday is our doctor appointment and I hope that we don't have bad weather. I just want some answers. 

 I will continue to pray for all of those in need. Hope all of you have a wonderful week. Take care.

12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- I am not really visiting blogs tonight but wanted to pop by. Happy Anniversary. The pictures of you and your family are beautiful. I can tell how loving those boys are. You are so blessed...and so are they to have you.

I hope your doctor appointments give you some answers this time, Shirley.

Our little boy was treated for Kawasaki Disease and is recovering. He was up and smiling a bit today. We are so very, very blessed. Have a good night - xo Diana

Beth said...

Those are wonderful photos of your anniversary. You have a lovely family Shirley! Congratulations!

Debby said...

Shirley the party sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Love your anniversary pictures. Your hubby looks happy. You look really nice.
What a nice family you have. So glad that you had all these pictures taken.
I hope your appt. goes well this week and you get answers. My Mom is having some back surgery on Thursday.
My little grandson is home from the hospital but attached to an oxygen tank.
Have a good week. (((((HUGS))))

sweet violets said...

Oh, gosh, how I love seeing these pics of you and your beautiful family!!! And yes, everyone looks so happy esp. your hubby!!! We are all looking forward to the answers you will get this week.....I'm starting to do some shopping tomorrow, have made a plan........we'll see!! ttyl......

Vickie said...

Thank you so much for sharing Shirley! What precious pictures of a splendid event! God bless you all.♥

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley, Happy Anniversary!! The pics of your family with you and hubby are beautiful. What a wonderful family you are. Sounds like a wonderful party for all.
I will keep you in my prayers for your doctor appt. to go well and you get some answers.
Thank you for stopping by sweet friend.
Wishing you a good week and blessings be yours.
Your friend from Texas,
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary! I loved seeing your photos. You have a beautiful family, Shirley. Hope all goes well with the doctor appointments. Take care!

Susie said...

Congratulation on 50 years. Great photos of your family. Everyone looks so nice. Blessings to all. xoxo,Susie

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

Congratulations! I always love hearing about and seeing pictures of your beautiful family!

Laurie said...

You have a beautiful family, Shirley. Congratulations on 50 years. And I love your snowy picture at the beginning. Stay warm up there and hope you get all your Christmas shopping behind you real soon. Hugs from your SC friend. ~Laurie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family. Happy Anniversary. Sounds you have enjoyed the day a lot...

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Happiest of anniversaries! Oh my goodness, y'all are just so darn cute!!